Talk

Advanced search

Where does all your leaving and entering the house debris go?

(10 Posts)
AccidentalMum Tue 12-Aug-08 22:00:44

I am constantly amazed by the empty hallways of my friends? We have montains of coats, brollies, cardies, shoes, bags, hats, scarfs, drink and snack containers, mail, baby carriers, nappies and all kinds of s**t everywhere within a 3m radius of the front door....I seem to be the only one hmm.

Where am I going wrong?

LuckySalem Tue 12-Aug-08 22:01:57

Pick 2 coats out for each of you (one cool coat and one wet coat) Keep everything else under the stairs - or in our case on the back of the kitchen door.

babyinarms Tue 12-Aug-08 22:06:38

I'm like you....hall full of coats...friends dont seem to have same problem with same size house and more kids!

expatinscotland Tue 12-Aug-08 22:08:01

In the hall, there are many pegs. Everyone has two, with their photo above it. For coats, bags, brollies.

On the other wall is a 4-tiered shoe rack.

All shoes go there.

AccidentalMum Tue 12-Aug-08 22:08:47

See, I already have half a 2m x 2m unit devoted to storing it, and still it [a]spills out and [b] nothing is in the 'right' place. Half the problem is PFG (Precious First Grandchild...did I just invent that?) syndrome, I mean DD1 has 5 rucksacks....who's goes to the charity shop?!

abouteve Tue 12-Aug-08 22:11:15

I quite like seeing a bit of debris in the hall. It makes the house seemed lived in and its all there when you are in hurry.

PeaMcLean Tue 12-Aug-08 22:12:01

Cannot tell you where you're going wrong. I'm very pleased to have the whole space under the stairs with three coat racks, four shoe racks and a box for hats and scarves. It has a pleasing chaos about it. wink

apostrophe Tue 12-Aug-08 22:31:52

Message withdrawn

maidamess Tue 12-Aug-08 22:39:53

Accidental Mum, sounds like you ned to have a good chuck out. I've just done this to the cupboard under the stairs and now have a haven of beautifully organised shoes, and artfully hung coats and hats.

I even have a glade plug in to make it smell nice.

Don't hang onto old toot that no one uses.

Quattrocento Tue 12-Aug-08 22:47:00

A massive walk-in cupboard by the back door. It is marvellous. It contains about 30 coats, kitbags, school bags, bottle-recycling bin, a ton of spare games, a mop and bucket, the downstairs vac, the vax, the ironing board, riding stuff, wellies and boots ...

Tis marvellous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now