Talk

Advanced search

For those with experience of 2 under 2 - how long before you felt like you were on top of it?

(7 Posts)
rubles Tue 12-Aug-08 10:18:48

I imagine it is quite a learning curve and very hard work at times, but when did you first start to feel in control and have that "yes, I can do this" organised feeling?

It has taken me 9 months- ish to feel like this with my two, and my oldest is 4, but then she has been at school, so I haven't been forced to do it until these summer holidays. I am now pregnant again and wondering how I'll cope if all goes well. Maybe I'll learn quicker because I will have them both at home all the time from day 1??

rubles Tue 12-Aug-08 10:26:13

dd2 will be 19 months when new baby is due, by the way (fingers crossed, and hopng i am not tempting fate)

Nel12 Tue 12-Aug-08 10:29:43

Mine are 21 months apart, and my little girl is 3 in December. I found everything harder second time round due to having to juggle more. It took me 7 or 8 months, but I found it gets easier once they start to sleep through. Sleep deprivation is the hardest thing, once you're through that all the better. PS you'll be more relaxed, but you realise you've forgotten how you did something first time round etc.

Wisknit Tue 12-Aug-08 10:33:11

I had 17 months between 1 and 2 and will have 20 months between 2 and 3. I can say that everytime I've started to feel I'm coping something has cropped up to throw it all out - teething/illness/pregnancy.
It's not that bad though. You just manage and get on with things. No other choice really.
ds2 is 14 months now btw

Nel12 Tue 12-Aug-08 13:56:49

Don't mention the teething!! It comes out of the blue at you - but you get over it. 4 days can seem like an eternity, but if you see the signs, don't hesitate - get out the bonjela or powders or whatever. Agree about the things cropping up out of nowhere.

ajandjjmum Tue 12-Aug-08 14:02:23

15 years later I'm still trying to get on top of things with a 15 year old and 16 year old! grin

Once you get the hard physical work out of the way, it's great, because they can occupy each other, and are able to do the same things together.

They do love each other most of the time as well!

Nbg Tue 12-Aug-08 14:08:28

Hi Rubles smile

Theres a 15 month difference between ds1 and ds2. DS1 will be 2 in a couple of weeks and ds2 is 8 months.
I'm still finding it hard work atm as ds1 is going through major terrible 2's/behaviour problems and I cannot take my eye off him for a milli second, and ds2 has just mastered sitting on his own but again he needs constant supervision especially when the boys are together.

I think when ds2 starts to walk it may be a bit easier but then we will go through all the things that ds1 is going through atm grin

Although having said that, come sept, dd will be at school and ds1 starts morning preschool so it maybe not all that bad.
<sits and prays>

Congratulations and good luck with the pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now