Talk

Advanced search

Letting dh down-right decision

(11 Posts)
mummynumnum Sun 10-Aug-08 12:29:23

DH has just set off for London Triathlon. Have not gone with him as dd developed fever over night and alternating calp and ib. She is prone to febrile convulsions.Doing ok but temp erratic. Not herself but not totally wiped out either. Decided not to go, but in laws on route and think I should go and just take calpol and ib with me. I am worried it will be too much for her but feel bad for dh. What would you do?

Flamesparrow Sun 10-Aug-08 12:31:43

stay home - i assume dh doesn't mind and is just in laws who are being arsey

MegBusset Sun 10-Aug-08 12:31:57

How old is DD?

I wouldn't go personally, I don't think being in a crowd is any place for an ill child.

Anna8888 Sun 10-Aug-08 12:32:07

You are being perfectly reasonable.

Child's illness and required care are a higher priority than supporting/spectating your DH's triathlon.

theSuburbanDryad Sun 10-Aug-08 12:34:26

Stay home with dd - she won't want to be dragged out into a busy crowd if she's not well.

mummynumnum Sun 10-Aug-08 12:35:16

Thank you, I agree and dh was fine. i struggled to get him go as he knows feb convulsions often land us at hospital.

mummynumnum Sun 10-Aug-08 12:47:18

She is 2 and has last 4 molars coming through-did think temp could be that

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Sun 10-Aug-08 12:48:28

Febrile convulsions can be very scarey so I would stay home. Your child needs you more than your husband does, imo.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 10-Aug-08 12:52:13

On this occassion your child comes first.

mummynumnum Sun 10-Aug-08 12:52:53

decision made-such bad timing though!

ummadam Mon 11-Aug-08 09:39:42

that timing sucks - sorry you have to stay at home but I agree with the other posters that it is the right thing to do - it is certainly what we would do if DS was unwell. Temperature or not, a child who is feeling unwell will be clingy and easily unsettled and home is the best place.

Perhaps remind your inlaws that it is actually very good timing - it could have happened when you were unwell aswell and your OH would have had to stay at home. He is lucky to have a wife who puts her children first and is kind enough to let him still go. Ignore them. Hope your little one is better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now