Talk

Advanced search

Relationship with dh suffers during the holiday...

(6 Posts)
larahusky Sat 09-Aug-08 21:59:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Janni Sun 10-Aug-08 15:35:54

We have three children and generally get on well, but find things difficult if we're all together for too long, so we tend to do 'tag team' parenting, whereby one takes them out and the other does stuff around the house etc. I think the image of the happy family all happily doing everything together is a tad unrealistic!!

maidamess Sun 10-Aug-08 15:53:59

Yes, my dh gets right up my nose during the holidays ,poor bloke. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

oneplusone Sun 10-Aug-08 21:02:15

yep i hate weekends for the same reason, everyone together for 2 days, drives me mad! I now love mondays (what a new feeling after years of hating monday morning and going to work!)DD back at school, DH back at work, just me and DS at home and DS is such a sweetheart no trouble at all and has a solid 2 hour nap every day i so get a real bit of peace and quiet to myself. Of course hols are an exception to this but so far we're coping, taking it day by day.

larahusky Sun 10-Aug-08 23:33:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

naomi83 Tue 12-Aug-08 09:33:54

have you tried date nights? we find that if we spend too much parenting time together we forget how to be a couple and argue too much. book a babysitter once a month (one a week in holiday time) and go see a film, out for drinks etc, just the two of you. put on clothes that make you feel good and make up etc, and make a rule-no talking about kids. go out earlyish so your not too knackered. this really helped us

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now