Talk

Advanced search

London mums what is the tube route between Museum of Childhood and Diana Playground like???

(6 Posts)
MilaMae Sat 09-Aug-08 20:17:16

Would a pushchair be out of the question??

Is it a long walk between tube stops???

grin

BirdyArms Sat 09-Aug-08 20:25:43

It's not a bad journey at all. You can get the central line all the way from Bethnal Green to Queensway and not a long walk at either end. Queensway has a lift so more pushchair friendly, you'd have to take it on an escalator at Bethnal Green though so maybe depends how confident you are about doing that. I take a very light one and I can pick up the puchchair with 18mth old in it to go up and down stairs but have never had any shortage of people offering to help.

MilaMae Sat 09-Aug-08 20:30:02

Thanks!!!!

Dd is 3&8months so wondering wether to chance it sans pushchair. Am I being too ambitious?????

Have twins too nearly 5 who should be fine.

smile

coolbeans Sat 09-Aug-08 21:09:04

No, you'll be fine. Go to Notting Hill Gate (not pushchair friendly,) or Queensway (as Birdy says got a lift but also a busier road to navigate to get to the park) on the central line. I do this trip with ds (2.7) about twice a month (live in west London) and don't usually bother with his buggy cos it really is easy enough without it.

MilaMae Sat 09-Aug-08 21:15:09

Great grin

BirdyArms Sat 09-Aug-08 21:15:26

I wouldn't take a pushchair. I also have ds1 3.5 and he always has to walk if we go on the tube as totally impossible with our Phil & Teds. I would think such an exciting day out would make a willing walker of most 3 year olds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now