Talk

Advanced search

How do I get my DD to sleep in her own room?

(5 Posts)
SexyMilf Sat 09-Aug-08 19:10:28

I need advice please grin

How do you get your kids to sleep in their own rooms?

In the last 6 months my 4 year old DD1 (also have a 1 year old DD who happily sleeps alone) has gradually started creaping into our room and then in the last 3 months she has ended up in our bed every night.

We've tried everything to get her to sleep in her own room from talking to her about why she needs to sleep in her room, endlessly replacing her back in bed, sticker charts and bribery to even buying her the pink princess bed of her dreams, but none of it worked...

I'm happy for her occasionally to get into bed with us as we all love to snuggle up but I'm starting to miss the lack of sleep as she constantly wakes me up also my back now constantly aches from sleeping in weird positons around her. Finally having her in bed every niohgt hardly makes for the most spontaneous of relationships if you know what I mean wink

Can anyone help?! please!!

Thankyouandgoodnight Sat 09-Aug-08 21:12:02

Aside from putting your foot down with her, I don't know. Is she feeling that she's lacking one to one time with you at the mo? just wondering if there's anything going on that can be corrected in the day as it were. Wildly stabbing in the dark here!!

Bumping in the hopes that someone else who can actually help comes along!!

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sat 09-Aug-08 21:14:28

my nearly three year old has been in my bed for the last year nearly...
I started a thread in the sleep section, there were some helpful posts, I can link there if you like? Not sure how relevant to you given the age difference, a few posters felt my dd was too young to sleep by herself at her age (when I started the thread) but there may be some stuff relevant to you?

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sat 09-Aug-08 21:30:29

[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/5/559856?ts=1218313427104&msgid=11913815http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/5/5 59856?ts=1218313427104&msgid=11913815]] this was my thread. Not sure if it will help but there are some good posts on there.

HTH

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sat 09-Aug-08 21:30:50

doh sorry use this one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now