Talk

Advanced search

Help! Moment of madness agreed to sleepover party!

(3 Posts)
Anushka Tue 05-Aug-08 14:41:35

I agreed to a sleepover party for dd1 (9) for 5 girls and now it's arrived.

Any ideas what we can do and how I can get them to sleep at reasonable time without getting cross with them all - and what time is reasonable anyway?

Any help would be appreciated.

batters Tue 05-Aug-08 14:48:45

You can't!

I would say that you will be very lucky if the girls are asleep before midnight.

When dd has a sleepover with lots of other girls I turn the living room into their area. They get changed, sit on the floor surrounded by pillows and sleeping bags and popcorn and watch a film until 10 ish, then theoretically they get ready for sleep.

I meanwhile go upstairs with a dvd and a bottle of wine. At reasonable intervals I shout down at them to go to bed. Then around 12 I become serious and explain they really, really do have to go to bed. Then I go to bed and leave them to it. Dp always goes out!

Anushka Tue 05-Aug-08 15:30:26

Yes Dh is away for the night which I thought would help the situation but now not so sure - he thinks I'm mad anyway.

I'll set up dvd and hope for the best.

Dd1 went to someone else's recently and she was in bed again for 11am for 3 hours!

Wine v. good idea but trying to cut down this week (been a bit heavy handed recently) but might have to make an exception.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now