Talk

Advanced search

Black clothes for under 3's - yay or nay?

(19 Posts)
Shoegazer Tue 05-Aug-08 13:48:33

I'm not talking a whole goth/emo look here but would you dress your under 3's in anything that is black? I know some mums who are not even keen on black shoes for toddlers, so I was just wondering what the general consensus is.

RubySlippers Tue 05-Aug-08 13:49:40

DS has a couple of black t-shirts

what is the issue with black???

doesn't show the dirt for starters grin

mumblechum Tue 05-Aug-08 13:50:31

Only prob is the inevitable snot/slobber/worse marks show just as badly on black as anything else.

Othersideofthechannel Tue 05-Aug-08 13:50:45

Yes

FoghornLeghorn Tue 05-Aug-08 13:51:14

Neither of my DD's own anything black and they are 4 and 21 months.
I don't think I have conciously avoided black, maybe it's a bit too strong on such little people ?

castlesintheair Tue 05-Aug-08 13:52:14

No

suwoo Tue 05-Aug-08 13:54:35

DD probably didn't but wears a lot now aged 6. DS had a lot of black stuff from birth. I love black on baby boys. My rule was no pastels.

halogen Tue 05-Aug-08 13:58:01

I don't see why not. It's only a colour like any other. My daughter had a fab black babygro (I dyed it) which really suited her.

flack Tue 05-Aug-08 13:58:39

DS1 loved black when he was 2-3yo.

mooki Tue 05-Aug-08 19:55:51

I think DD looks quite cute here though it's now a black, white and orange outfit after lunch.

lulumama Tue 05-Aug-08 19:57:48

DD had fab black outfit. leggings and tunic, with tiny flowers on black background, she looked like a very small , cute beatnik, would buy more, but hard to find black clothing for toddlers full tsop

OurHamsterisevil Tue 05-Aug-08 20:01:50

I don't like black on little people. DS1 has a black t-shirt, he is nearly 5. I still don't like it but I'll get over it.

I don't like black shoes on toddlers. DS1 had a pair when he was 20mo, for our wedding. I felt he looked all wrong in them, because black shoes are school shoes IMO. He now has his first pair of proper black shoes for starting school in a couple of weeks.

Don't even get me started on black trainers, at any age. THey are just ugly

MingMingtheWonderPet Tue 05-Aug-08 20:05:30

What about this to bring your newborn home from hospital in?

hmm - [yuck] emotion!

mooki Tue 05-Aug-08 20:24:18

OOh, probably won't like this one at all then! Pink picture also added for balance.

elkiedee Tue 05-Aug-08 20:36:26

MingMing I wouldn't put a newborn in that anyway - prefer babygros, but I think black and white looks really different from black on its own.

Pinchypants Wed 06-Aug-08 09:51:15

DD (2) has really cool little pair of black M&S leggings which looks great with any t-shirt or top. I wish I'd bought a couple more pairs.

seeker Wed 06-Aug-08 09:53:52

My dd had the most enchanting black velvet babygro when she was a newborn. She was very fair with a fuzz of gold/red hair and looked fabulous. Some people didn't like it though.

Elkat Wed 06-Aug-08 09:58:02

My DD has got a pair of black leggings, and agree that they are great with a variety of coloured tops. Not sure I would use a black top though.

cupcake78 Wed 06-Aug-08 11:38:18

My mum wouldn't let me and my sis wear black till we were 10!!shock

I really don't see what is so wrong with it. Its only a colour. Dress your children how you want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now