Talk

Advanced search

bloody kids flinging things round the house!

(8 Posts)
oops Mon 04-Aug-08 18:53:37

Message withdrawn

oops Mon 04-Aug-08 21:08:57

Message withdrawn

Octothechildherder Mon 04-Aug-08 21:22:42

let them have one box of stuff at a time - limiting what they can play with - bugger imaginative play & take control!

Discipline them if they throw stuff - I make it quite clear to my boys that the house is neither a football pitch or softplay centre but our home.

oops Mon 04-Aug-08 21:25:04

Message withdrawn

Octothechildherder Mon 04-Aug-08 21:29:57

Would stop throwing the stuff in the bin - sounds like a really good game to me! wink

If they have separate rooms would send them to their own rooms and say they can come out when they think they can stop throwing things. Tell them its making you sad. Get them to help tidy up.

Overmydeadbody Mon 04-Aug-08 21:41:48

you need to lay down the rules and discipline them if they throw stuff.

It seems very odd behaviour tbh, especially from the nearly 5 yr old. Have a consequence (not throwing in the bin) for the throwing that happens every single time they throwe something, and be consistant and ruthless in dealing with it.

Make them pick whatever it was they thre up and put it back where it goes.

The consequences of throwing need to be bad enough in their eyes to make it not worth their while to throw anything iyswim.

Good luck.

Overmydeadbody Mon 04-Aug-08 21:43:08

Or, on second thoughts, why are they throwing things? Is it a game to them? does it ahve a purpose (in their eyes)? or is it just random throwing for attention or something?

oops Tue 05-Aug-08 09:20:06

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now