Talk

Advanced search

14 year old boy and girl, sharing a room?

(4 Posts)
Moshi Mon 04-Aug-08 17:10:25

My dd (14) has asked if her best friend can sleep over on Friday night. They have been best friends since primary school.

Thing is she wants him sleeping in her room. Her bed is a single bed on top with a sofa which folds out into a double bed on the bottom and he would be sleeping in there apparantly.

Obviously, normally I'd say no but this lad is openly gay (and very much so, its hard to imagine him even looking at a girl tbh) and many times I've gone into her room to find them snuggled under the duvet watching dvds and they've never jumped up or looked suspicious or anything...

Would it be ok to let them share a room knowing that nothing will happen between them or is there still that chance that something could?

His mum is fine with it.

Moshi Mon 04-Aug-08 17:11:34

Should also add that she has had female friends over before and this has always been the sleeping arrangments so her argument is that why should he be treat any differently...hmm

OurHamsterisevil Mon 04-Aug-08 17:45:21

I don't have teenagers yet, but I think that it sounds okay. If his Mum is okay with it then I don't really see the problem

Dynamicnanny Mon 04-Aug-08 17:50:52

But are you stting the course of boys and girls can share a room so that in a few months/years when she invites a boy who isn't openly gay home that she expects to share a room?

I would say he can stay in your room until midnight then he needs to go to sleep in the guest room and explain that you want to set a good example to everyone in the house including younger siblings? that boys and girls don't share a room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now