Talk

Advanced search

How do you entertain...

(6 Posts)
woodmill100 Mon 04-Aug-08 09:15:53

A 5 week old? Might be a silly question and may be there is nothing I can do but he's awake from around 6 am until 10 pm with just a couple of very short powernaps during the day. Is there anything I can do with him to try and tire him out a bit? He likes to be held lots but I don't want to shove him in a sling and forget about him for 12 hours either!

SpandexIsMyEnemy Mon 04-Aug-08 09:17:13

what ever your doing and he's watching will be entertaining him tbh.

juuule Mon 04-Aug-08 09:22:21

Why would you forget about him if you put him in a sling? It's not like you'd forget he was there, is it?

pointydog Mon 04-Aug-08 09:33:57

I remember feeling exactly the same with my first baby - what do I do with her all day? Drove me nuts.

The best thing is to try to organise as many activities as possible for yourself - trip to shops, visit a friend, baby/toddler groups, go to library etc etc. If you are entertained and doing something, then the baby is normally entertained too.

DancingMamaWithBabes Mon 04-Aug-08 11:17:01

Make the most of it, that's what I say!
Really, they get so much from the most 'simple' things so as already mentioned, go and do the things you want to do

Seeline Mon 04-Aug-08 11:21:05

I think a good walk everyday - either in the buggy or sling is great. The fresh air often tires them out. I used to talk to mine all the time pointing out diifernt coloured flowers, cats, dogs cars buses - I must have been known as the neighbourhood nutter blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now