Talk

Advanced search

Am dangerously near breaking point with my 2YO DS !!!

(8 Posts)
mamadiva Sun 03-Aug-08 10:41:12

2YO DS has been crying since 9am to go to bed at (was up at 5am), he's still up. I put him in his cot he cries to get up, I take him out of his cot he cries to get in! This has been going on for almost 2 hours now. I've been up since 5am and I don't need this! I've tried ignoring him, giving him a drink, playing with him, reading a book and nothing is working!!!!

Tortington Sun 03-Aug-08 10:43:51

put him in cot and shut door - make self brew - turn telly on.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 03-Aug-08 10:45:15

Mama could you take him and go and lie down on your bed together?

He might be teething, have you given calpol?

Failing that, strap into the buggy and go for a walk, the volume of the crying always seems less when you are outside. The fresh air may well send him off to sleep.

Good luck

lilymolly Sun 03-Aug-08 10:47:08

ditto custardo
cruel to be kind

belgo Sun 03-Aug-08 10:47:14

I would put him in a buggy and go for a walk.

Or put him in the cot but my dds could climb out of the cot by this age so that never worked for me.

mamadiva Sun 03-Aug-08 10:50:07

He's quietened down have just had a sly fag out in garden and cup of tea when I came back in he seemed to have stopped. Thanks for the replies. Hopefully that's him now. Don't like him going to sleep through the day as he has never slept through the night without waking up atleast once but I can hardly stop him.

lilymolly Sun 03-Aug-08 11:00:09

I find the more day sleep dd has the better she sleeps at night- maybe he is "overtired"?

mamadiva Sun 03-Aug-08 11:12:49

Perhaps. He sarted singing again for a bit but has gone to sleep now I can hear him snoring through the monitor.

I feel terrible for a minute I really tought I was going to hurt him to make him be quiet. Is this normal? I feel guilty for even thinking about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now