Talk

Advanced search

When you just HATE your kids friends

(16 Posts)
Moshi Fri 01-Aug-08 13:11:44

My 14 year old DD has a best friend who has been her BF since primary school. Thing is I can't STAND him but they're always together. He's just so annoying. It isn't anything he does specifically and in all fairness he seems a decent kid, is never in trouble, takes his school work seriously but he's just drama, drama, drama.

He gets so excited over the most stupid things, he constantly jumping up and down and squealing. DD told him we were going to Florida and pulled the most annoying face and wouldn't shut up about it.

He has this mass of black curly hair and if he's sat eating at the table or something I can actually feel my blood beginning to boil just looking at his hair and his stupid skinny neck.

DH and DS can't stand him either but DD loves him. I feel a bit guilty sometimes because as I said he doesn't actually do ANYTHING to warrant a "god I hate that kid" but there is just something about him.

I havn't mentioned it to DD but she has picked up on the fact that I often give him dirty looks etc!

Do any of your kids have friends like this that you dislike for no particular reason?

forevercleaning Fri 01-Aug-08 13:14:52

Hate is a bit of a strong word for a child. And whats wrong with a mass of curly black hair, he can't help that, or having a skinny neck?!

Maybe you should say you are just not keen on him, you may get a bit more supposrt then!

laughalot Fri 01-Aug-08 13:17:27

Glad im not your mate hate is a strong word poor kid

Moshi Fri 01-Aug-08 13:17:53

Yes sorry, hate is too strong blush
I don't even dislike him as such, he just winds me up.
He's friendly enough, he bought me chocolates for my birthday and made me a card on his computer blush he's just *too nice* or too OTT or something, I don't know I can't put my finger on why he annoys me so much.

OrmIrian Fri 01-Aug-08 13:21:17

Perhaps it's simply the fact that he's always there that winds you up moshi?

laughalot Fri 01-Aug-08 13:22:04

grin he sounds nice could be worse lol

DoubleBluff Fri 01-Aug-08 13:23:56

poor boy, his desc makes me think of a ' Mika' lookalike bounding around.
there must be something good about him if yr daughter likes him so much

themoon66 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:25:08

Aw, I think he sounds quite sweet. My DS has a mass of curly hair too.

Would your rather your 14 year old DD hung around with a bunch of crack smoking school drop outs?

Rhubarbstalkingarsehole Fri 01-Aug-08 13:25:20

I know what you mean, some people just wind you up the wrong way without even knowing it. Just grit your teeth. Poor lad sounds like one of those people who are forever going to rub people up. Sounds a bit effeminate too.

RedHead81 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:29:14

you should be glad he's a good kid - she could very easily be bothering with someone who could be leading her astray.

sazzerbear Fri 01-Aug-08 13:30:53

themoon66 is right, he may be a little annoying but at least he's no knifewielding troublemaker! AND he buys you chocs, what's not to like??!!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:31:30

Message withdrawn

Countingthegreyhairs Fri 01-Aug-08 13:32:55

maybe he senses your dislike and is nervous around you and is trying to be "too nice" to compensate??

perhaps??

lizinthesticks Fri 01-Aug-08 13:33:07

Oh yeah curly black hair. Skinny neck. Get me every time. HATE that.

F*ing hell, STFU.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 01-Aug-08 13:39:14

I agree with Rhubarb. Sometimes people wind you up for no rational reason, can't be helped.

cockles Fri 01-Aug-08 13:39:47

Sounds a bit effeminate? Good grief. I hope you're joking, rhubarbstalkingarsehole, otherwise you're even more of an arsehole than you sound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now