Talk

Advanced search

i know role playing with a 3 year old can be fun but....

(8 Posts)
mankymummy Thu 31-Jul-08 16:53:49

not when DS insists on giving me my lines to say as well as making up his own.

"mummy you say..." and then i have to repeat what he's told me to say then he says his bit.

does anyone else's DC do this?! Its like spending all day with a flipping auto cue!

legalalien Thu 31-Jul-08 17:03:43

OH YES! Does he get really angry when you get your lines wrong?

At the moment I'm being woken at 6am each morning with requests to play a particularly tedious game where DS, I, and a toy rat and a toy tiger all get to pretend to be polar bears and have to go fishing for fish and seals for breakfast, with the entire dialogue scripted by DS. God forbid anyone installs hidden cameras at our house.

mankymummy Thu 31-Jul-08 17:05:53

no he just corrects me with an exasperated sigh and look of disappointment on his face.

i didnt mind spending half the day being sporticus but now i cant even decide what to say ! wink

PortAndLemon Thu 31-Jul-08 17:13:09

DS doesn't tend to want me to deliver lines, but we get a lot of games that go (for example)

DS: Would you like the red one or the green one, Mummy?

Me: Oooh, I'd like the red one, please.

DS: Well, you have to have the green one.

mankymummy Thu 31-Jul-08 17:18:23

ah yes my DS does that too... although its along the lines of, "no mummy you have to say you want the green one"!

nell12 Thu 31-Jul-08 17:25:16

DD runs a cafe...
DD: What would you like for breakfast?
Me: could I have a cup of tea please
DD: Sorry we have run out
Me: Could I have some orange juice?
DD: No, none left
Me: Oh, well what do you have to drink in your cafe?
DD: Wine for breakfast
blush blush blush blush

I have no idea where she gets it from!

LilRedWG Thu 31-Jul-08 17:27:18

My four year old neice doesn't understand why her two year old cousin won't play along and do/say the 'correct' things. I find it amusing/frustrating/annoying (depending on my mood).

Fanella Thu 31-Jul-08 17:29:14

yes, yes, omg, dd does all that - especially the cafe thing nell12!

We also have to 'be' tv characters. I'm always Finbar from the rubberdubbers - Daddy is Terrance and she's Sploshy. She gets most upset if I want to be Sploshy for a change.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now