Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

should I be worried about my psychogirlie 3????

(15 Posts)
psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 15:44:31

now, to all intents and purposes, she is a lovely little girl just with a few medical probs, but she does have a few 'oddities'.

most of these 'oddities' are just that, and part of her personality and something quite endearing at times IYGWIM.

she is very 'exact' with everrthing she does tho......likes to speak very correctly sounding all the letters in words, if she does school work and makes a mistake however she gets very stressed and is prone to throwing it away and she cannot cope with it even if she rubs out the mistake.

she also takes a long time making her bed, and almost shakes if the boys go near it in case they mess it up, and she has even been known to camp on the floor so as not to mess her bed uphmm.

but today she is very odd......

the boys have got all their toy cars out (and my god, I had no idea they had so many!), but she has taken over their play.....

there is now a massive circle of cars in the lounge, all arranged according to colour, then size within that colour....

and she is not allowing the boys to have one unless it will mess up her 'circle'....

is this just a little girl with 'oddities', or should I worry??

RusselBrussel Thu 31-Jul-08 15:49:11

My dd is exactly hte same, not just with cars and her room, but also with books - in size order, all facing the same way, by type (and she is only 5) and my friend's dd arranges lego according to colour and number of 'pins'.

Oh, and my ohter friend's ds arranges his toy cars according to date of manufacture.

All perfectly normal and delightfully 'different' smile

psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 16:04:59

oh I hope so.

she is 9 and has always had to have things 'just so'.

she is very high pitched right now tho as the boys have been 'allowed' a few cars each that don;t happen to 'match' anything in her circle (they are either too battered or multi-coloured), and they keep trying to bash into the circle.....

she is not happy!!!

and I now am developing a headachehmm

herbietea Thu 31-Jul-08 16:11:15

Message withdrawn

copingvquietly Thu 31-Jul-08 16:12:11

she takes after mummywink

psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 16:17:13

<<pokes tongue out at CvQ>>

I was never this bad, and certainly never shrieky!!!

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 18:10:27

<wonders how tomorrow will go when Flamechick comes round and wants to organise too, but in a different order!>

psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 18:13:22

the circle is still there.

she is protecting it from the bad bad brothers!!!

and still shreikingangry!!!

she has promised to mail them one car each if they are goodhmm.......they are both sat here on their yellow chairs watching her protect them, and each time her back is turned they run and try to whack the circle!!!

not sure if I should be laughing or worried sickhmm.....

cocolepew Thu 31-Jul-08 18:15:58

She sounds like my DD who I think has Asperger traits but not full blown IYKWIM. Except mines a messy sod.

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 18:17:27

Coco - mine has many AS traits too, bloody messy with everything else except when she wants it all organised. We can have everything over her bedroom floor, but then look in one corner and find the Boos in height and colour order hmm

psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 18:17:41

coco.....DD3 is the only one in my house who has her wardrobe neatly arranged too!

altho not so neat at the mo as DD2 got her hands in there before she went on scout camphmm.

DontNeedAnything Thu 31-Jul-08 18:17:53

If she leaves it there at bedtime switch them all around, but subtley (e.g. make the colours go in reverse)...see if she is that attentive to notice...

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 18:19:20

Aww that would devastate DD

<suddenly remembering our day with the Little People blush and we wonder where they get it from....>

cocolepew Thu 31-Jul-08 18:22:42

DD is the same over homework, she's obsessed with Dr Who she knows EVERYTHING about it. She likes her clothes tight and socks etc pulled up high. Gets very upset at people moving her stuff etc.

psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 18:24:49

she will know...she is now writing them all down to ensure the boys cannot change anything.

this is getting bizarre....

gently.....the 'little people day' was great fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now