Talk

Advanced search

Am I (we) *insane* to be wanting to concieve? PFB is 8 1/2 months...

(21 Posts)
DisplacementActivity Wed 30-Jul-08 21:19:45

Message withdrawn

isaidno Wed 30-Jul-08 21:57:19

There is 19mths between my DS 1 and 2. It wasn't planned that way but tbh it was absolutely fine. Now they are 3 and 5 they are good playmates.
I didn't have the complication of work becasue I did not return after DS1. My parents and my in laws both live 2 hrs away so my local support network is limited to DH and a few friends.

1st baby is a shock to the system. Subsequent babies just fit in with your life whatever the gap.

(I've now got number 3 - she's 6 weeks!)

pgwithnumber3 Wed 30-Jul-08 22:00:51

I'll let you know in 6 months when I have DD1 who will be 6, DD2 who will be 17 months and DC3 who will be a newborn!

crokky Wed 30-Jul-08 22:01:44

Mine are 24 months apart, I'd go for it.

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 30-Jul-08 22:03:28

I got pregnant (on purpose!) when DS1 was 9 months old

Its fab,

Eldest is 3, DS2 is 2 and new baby due December

DisplacementActivity Wed 30-Jul-08 22:04:04

Message withdrawn

DisplacementActivity Wed 30-Jul-08 22:06:20

Message withdrawn

Elmosgirl Wed 30-Jul-08 22:06:23

I have 2 under 2 and was pregnant the month DD was 8 months so have an 18 month age gap.

DD2 is now 4 months old and so far things have been fine. IT is very different being pregnant with a toddler than it is being pregnant first time round, you do not have the luxury of resting you just have to suck it up and get on with it. Also you come home after the birth and back into normal routine, no lounging around in bed with a newborn when your toddler is up to start the day at 7am, regardless of whether or not you have been up half the night.

Makes you realise how easy one baby was.

Saying that it is not hard...you just have to get on and do it. We have had no jealousy at all from DD1 and I can't wait for them to start interacting together. DD2 gives DD1 the biggest smiles.

I love having a small age gap and would chose to do it again if money of having a third wasn't an issue.

RuffleTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 22:07:47

i had 3 under 2.5

that was insanity in my case, or damn near it. but the PND is receding now and all is sunny again (not really joking btw, just trying to be light hearted)

cheesesarnie Wed 30-Jul-08 22:08:56

my first 2 (dd now 8 and ds1 now 7)are 12 months and 1 day apart.they have such a close bond.

RuffleTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 22:10:20

mine are all v v close and bonded. 13m and 18m gaps. if i do nothing else good for them ever, at least ive given them each other smile

theyoungvisiter Wed 30-Jul-08 22:10:51

I think you are a bit bonkers! But that's just because personally I didn't feel ready at all to start trying again until DS was nearly 2. I just didn't feel... dunno, didn't feel my body had recovered and that I was in "that" place. Whereas DH would have been happy starting earlier.

As it is I am now pregnant again and the new baby is due when DS is 2.5.

I think if you want it, go for it - you just have to listen to your body. I think having 2 of any age is probably hard in different ways - it's tricky having two in nappies and two in a pushchair, but then it's tricky having 1 who can run off in a shopping centre while the other is snoozing in the buggy.

pgwithnumber3 Wed 30-Jul-08 22:11:45

Elmo, I had this discussion with a friend today who commented that she wouldn't even know I was pregnant. You spend your first pregnancy complaining of every ailment you can think of! I wouldn't even hoover for the first three months! Talk about wrapping yourself in cotton wool!

Today, I have removed all the seats out of my car, drove 60 miles to collect a table, put it set up into the car and drove home, brought it in with a friend, moved 2 sofas and not even noticed! The hoovered my 5 bedroom house (and mopped) top to bottom (as well as looking after 2 DC) - I would never had done that with my first (or second even) pregnancies!

I have to say, DD2 is really loving child and I am looking forward to how she reacts when the new baby comes along. She is besotted with a puppy we are minding for a friend atm.

Chaotica Wed 30-Jul-08 22:15:08

There is a thread dedicated to such insane nutters - the 2 under 3 support thread... (used to be 2 under 2 but then they grew up grin (I'm on it, btw -- mine are 17m apart and it's great). (Me and my sister are 16m apart and that's also great.)

If you feel like it, go for it!

RuffleTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 22:18:30

ive graduated from your club chaotica grin mine are 5, 4 and 2.5 now [phew!]

TakeMeHome Wed 30-Jul-08 22:22:52

Displacement - I had two under 18 months, and it was farking awful !!!! The hardest years of my life !!!

However, I have never regretted doing it, and now they are 6 and 7, they are so close and play so well together.

So, go for it - it's worth it.

pgwithnumber3 Wed 30-Jul-08 22:27:48

TakeMeHome - please don't say that! <sobs> I need to hear atm that it is piss easy having 2 under 18 months!

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 30-Jul-08 22:28:45

I loved having two under two.

Thats why Im doing it again!

I love the madness

TakeMeHome Wed 30-Jul-08 22:31:18

Disenchanted - probaby it didn't seem that awful to me at the time, because it was all I knew. It was just when they started at nursery and school, and I started getting a life of my own back, I realised that it had been hard.

Anyway, like I said, go for it as I don't regret it for a minute !

TakeMeHome Wed 30-Jul-08 22:32:34

Sorry, meant to address that to pgwithnumber3 not Disenchanted !

cheesesarnie Wed 30-Jul-08 22:41:08

i find it harder with my 3rd dc.i find it harder doing one!i have to entertain himshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now