Talk

Advanced search

Should I wait until she starts school???

(7 Posts)

I am starting a college course in September, which is a year long. DD2 is 22 months, (DD1 being 5 and already at school). DH is currently unemployed and has been out of work for a while. We've decided that he would be at home with dd2 while I go to college. The course is for a year, depending on how well I do I will either get a full time job at the end of it, or if I do really well go to uni and do a degree (which is what I want to do). If I do go to uni I well get a part time job to support us as well.

I was at home all the way through with dd1. I feel guilty because I won't be at home with dd2, even though she'll be with her dad. I know I'm being irrational as lots of mums go to work, I just feel terribly guilty and that I should wait until she starts school in 3 years.

bump

hercules1 Wed 30-Jul-08 18:38:50

Why on earth do both of you need to be at home? Of course you should go to college now and aim for at least one of you too get a job.

hercules1 Wed 30-Jul-08 18:39:05

to not too

llareggub Wed 30-Jul-08 18:40:52

I can appreciate your guilt, I think we all feel guilty about our choices. However I agree with what hercules1 said.

No of course we don't both need to be at home. If I weren't going to college DH would be getting a job. It's better for me to do this college course as I can earn more after it's done. DH can only earn minimum wage.

hercules1 Wed 30-Jul-08 18:55:12

Surely you've answered your own question then. Go and do the college course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now