Talk

Advanced search

my dd 7 wants her ear's peirced soon

(9 Posts)
candyfluff Tue 29-Jul-08 18:28:38

im scared she will get one done then refuse the second coz it hurts. has this happened to anyone?

candyfluff Tue 29-Jul-08 18:29:45

sorry cant spell its meant to say pierced

lljkk Tue 29-Jul-08 18:40:42

Yeah, I think that's just one of many good reasons not until she's older (10+). They need looking after, they can get snagged -- can she even wear studs at school?

Has she tried clip-ons?

mummyloveslucy Tue 29-Jul-08 18:43:26

If you let her know that it will hurt and she's o.k with this then I think she will be fine. I had my ears pierced at the same age and I was a wimp, I think I really wanted it done so I was o.k.
Good Luck. smile

TakeMeHome Tue 29-Jul-08 18:43:44

In most jewellers you can get both ears pierced together so they can't bottle out !!

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 29-Jul-08 18:44:40

Message withdrawn

reban Wed 30-Jul-08 13:53:33

I took my dd when she was 6 because this was the age i was when i got my ears pierced. I explained it would hurt and we would have to bathe, look after them etc for a few weeks and she was fine. But i would def recommend only going somewhere that they have two staff so they can be done at the same time. Did this with my dd and was so relieved because i know she would not have had the second one done straight away afterwards!

Aero Wed 30-Jul-08 15:04:40

Dd wants hers done too. She knows it will hurt. She's not going to change her mind, I'm sure of that. I didn't either and was allowed to have it done at 10. She turned eight the other day.

I've just said no for now, but I've also said we will discuss it next year, at nine, and if I think she's ready, able and prepared to look after them herself by then, I will probably allow it. It won't do her any harm to wait.

Right now, I know for sure she's not ready to look after them properly by herself, and I have way too much else on my mind to worry about without keeping newly pierced ears clean three times a day for six weeks too.

candyfluff Sat 02-Aug-08 15:50:34

ok so we done the deed today and it really wasnt that bad .she had saved all her pocket money and paid for it herself.she did jump and cry after the first one was put on and after a little coaxing she let the lady do the second one.
she was very brave and reacted better than when i had it done.
they look lovely!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now