Talk

Advanced search

Ok, I know, Bad Mummy!

(12 Posts)
KnickersOnMaHead Sun 27-Jul-08 22:52:02

Message withdrawn

thisisyesterday Sun 27-Jul-08 22:53:48

i wouldn't worry. we've never had one and both mine are ok.

i feel the baby. if he is hot I take layers off/open window
if he is cool I put a blanket on

MatNanPlus Sun 27-Jul-08 22:53:50

Chemist

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 27-Jul-08 22:53:57

Boots - you can get one that doubles up as a bath thermometer too...but, to make you feel better, DS's thermometer is actually on the side of the bath and NOT in his room...granted he's two now.. I just go by t he feel of his neck/back and adjust accordingly...

Was very different when he was first born though...<shudders at how anal she was over temp monitoring>

bluenosesaint Sun 27-Jul-08 22:55:37

I don't have one either knickers blush I'll join you in your club ...

S1ur Sun 27-Jul-08 22:56:31

Do you mean room thermometer or body temp?

Braun ear thermometer's good imo, quick and easy and can be done without waking them.

But doens't make you bad for not having one, kissing them is a good indicator of fever too smile

wrinklytum Sun 27-Jul-08 22:58:34

I have never had a room thermometer either.

blush

I have an ear one for illness temp measuring,but if its hot dd is just in her nappy and has a light cotton sheet on for when it cools.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 27-Jul-08 22:59:08

my sister stole one from the hospital where she works when they upgraded their stuff

It's one of the old models, not the new ones, and were due for the skip.

How very wasteful

KnickersOnMaHead Sun 27-Jul-08 23:08:05

Message withdrawn

S1ur Sun 27-Jul-08 23:17:03

Body ones can be useful, esp during illness. My mate's ds has very high temp spikes when he gets even a tiny bit poorly, so she gives him calpol and brufen alternately to keep his temp below scary high. She has to keep close eye on degrees creeping up.

I've used them because sometimes when I feel dcs seem hotter or cooler depending on my body temp, so its a handy back up check.

But still, you don't have to have one, also fine without. Just if you wanted to get one, I'd say braun ear thermometer. smile

Seuss Sun 27-Jul-08 23:32:17

I've never had one either, always just felt them like Knickers. Agree it would be a good back-up though so I will invest!

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 28-Jul-08 19:59:43

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now