Talk

Advanced search

Can I use Milton tablets on toys?

(7 Posts)
chloemegjess Sat 26-Jul-08 16:57:49

Hello. I am a new CM and mum and have been given lots of second hand toys to get me started.

I would like to sterilise them all initially, so I know they have started off clean and then after that I can just keep clean/wash with hot water etc.

My main question is, can I put all the toys in the bath, fill with water and then add some milton tablets? I know we used to do this at the nursery I used to work at, but they weren't very good and have now closed down! So I now doubt a lot of the things I learnt there!

If I can do this, how many tablets should I use (without measureing the water) for about say half an average size bath of water?

And can I do some toys, leave them to soak etc, take out, and then put some more in the same water?

Poppychick Sat 26-Jul-08 17:19:41

I did exactly the same but can't remember how much Milton I used. Personally I'd change the water for the second lot of toys.

Dynamicnanny Sat 26-Jul-08 17:39:56

1-2 TABLETS PER HALF A TUB - YES WOULD REUSE THE WATER - BUT ALSO RUN THEM THROUGH THE DISHWASHER WHEN WASHED TO STERLISIE THEM

chloemegjess Sat 26-Jul-08 19:23:00

I don't have a dishwasher! If I did, I would be happy with just putting them all in the dishwaher and thats it.

Thanks though, I am glad I am not the only one!

whatironing Sun 27-Jul-08 14:19:39

Another top tip I heard from a hospital, if you put toys in a freezer bag and pop them in the freezer for a few hours that apparently sterilizes them....

HappyMummyOfOne Sun 27-Jul-08 17:36:18

Milton do a spray which may be useful for any that are battery operated etc and cant be soaked.

LIZS Sun 27-Jul-08 17:39:19

I assume you mean plastic toys not soft ? I've used diluted Milton fluid on all sorts of plastic and solid surfaces with no problems so I suspect same applies to tablets

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now