Talk

Advanced search

ceserean 4 weeks ago and still hurting?

(6 Posts)
hollygiz1 Sat 26-Jul-08 11:41:26

is this normal as i am still bleeding on 1 side?

PortAndLemon Sat 26-Jul-08 11:50:34

Still hurting is pretty normal. If you mean that you are bleeding from the incision site then that's less normal, and could be worth checking now with your GP rather than waiting for your normal check.

biglips Sat 26-Jul-08 12:03:21

its normal to still be hurting as it took mine to start to getting better 9 months later (i had an emergency c-section). About the bleeding..get it checked.

electricluluarella Sat 26-Jul-08 12:04:46

your scar is bleeding? i would have it looked at.. you might have the start of an infection

sheepgomeep Sat 26-Jul-08 18:36:01

You need to get the bleeding looked at asap as this could be a sign of infection.

My scar ruptured 2 days after having dd2 and didn't stop for 2 months (it was infected too) I was quite poorly for a while

I still get twinges in my scar 14 months down the line

Tinkjon Sun 27-Jul-08 22:20:51

Yep, agree that hurting is perfectly normal I(indeed I'd say it's actually usual?) Definitely get bleeding checked. Your scar doesn't seem to have healed and whilst that could be fine it could mean you've got, or could be about to get, an infection. Nothing to worry about though, just a dose of antibiotics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now