Talk

Advanced search

am i feeding too much?

(9 Posts)
hollygiz1 Fri 25-Jul-08 10:12:50

my baby is 1 month old and taking 6 ounce is this ok?sometimes its only 4 or 5 though, she seems happy on this amount

Seona1973 Fri 25-Jul-08 13:54:54

how often is she feeding? TBH babies take as much as they need and are good at regulating their own appetite so if she is happy and you are happy then that is all that matters.

hollygiz1 Sat 26-Jul-08 07:39:04

she feeds about every 4 or sometimes 5 hrs its just some people make me feel as if im over feeding her but she wants it, also it says on carton that 6 ounce is for a 2 month old baby is anyone elses baby drink this much?

RubySlippers Sat 26-Jul-08 07:41:45

lots of babies seem to feed little and often

6 oz seems a lot but if she is ok and not sick then that she is fine

does she finish every bottle?

hollygiz1 Sat 26-Jul-08 07:44:53

no sometimes she has only 4 or 5 ounce but ive started taking it away at 5 and see if she settles is there only her like this ?

lizinthesticks Sat 26-Jul-08 07:53:50

Agree with Seona1973. I would definitely say don't worry at this stage.

Heavier babies are good because if they ever have a serious stomach upset they have more to lose. And when they lose it, it can really fall off them. Good to have a buffer there, iyswim.

2point4kids Sat 26-Jul-08 08:02:29

Its fine. If she wants 6, let her have 6. Dont take it away at 5 if she wants more, she'll be fine smile

hollygiz1 Sat 26-Jul-08 08:08:49

thanks v much just panicking as shes my first and i want everything to be ok

mellyonion Sat 26-Jul-08 08:18:54

agree with pp. if she's drinking it and not being sick at all, then let her have it.

just be sure that you are feeding your baby because it is food time and she is hungry.... my sil fed my nephew a bottle evrytime he cried....by the time he was about 4 months old, he would take 10 x 10oz bottles a day...he was HUGE!!!! she said after its because she didn't think he would cry about anything else!!! smile

you sound like you're doing just fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now