Talk

Advanced search

What is your baby/child scared to touch????

(7 Posts)
copingvquietly Wed 23-Jul-08 23:36:09

for some reason j is scared of grass and i wondered if anyone elses child was like this or if they were scared to touch anything else?

thumbwitch Wed 23-Jul-08 23:38:20

my sister's DDs were like that with grass but they grew out of it.
My sister has a thing about velvet and fur, can't touch the,; I can't touch sandwashed silk or nasty crimplene type fabric; my brother can't touch any kind of silk.

Purplepillow Wed 23-Jul-08 23:41:05

When my dd was small she hated grass and sand, but soon grew out of itgrin

wrinklytum Wed 23-Jul-08 23:46:21

ds had a thing about snow when he was a baby.Loves it now though.

dd has sn so is quite hypersensitive to some stuff-was terrified of the sea!!!She loves strangling cuddling the cat though cos of its soft fur.She rests her head on it and goes "aaaahhhh".I have a very tolerant cat.

lizinthesticks Wed 23-Jul-08 23:46:36

DD1 (2.0 - TODAY!!) has in only the last week or two overcome some serious phobia of anything sticky. E.g. labels. "DICKY, DICKY!!" Running round the house weeping. Thankfully - if a little unwittingly - Gran bought her an In the Shite Garden comic thingwy w/ some stickers in it, and her love for Iggle Friggle et al overrode her profound fear of all things DICKY DICKY!! She can now be captivated for hours with the task of peeling stickers of tomlieboos (or whatever the hell they are) off the paper and sticking them upside down willy nilly into other parts of the comic. The change has been, well, quite miraculous.

ILoveDolly Wed 23-Jul-08 23:50:20

DD is 2.5 and just getting over her dislike of grass............... sometimes she still cries tho and says its too tickly

copingvquietly Thu 24-Jul-08 00:06:28

lizinthesticks that made me chucklesmile

hopefully he will grow out of it soon although at the moment he lifts his legs up as soon as we go near ithmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now