Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Barium Swallow

(4 Posts)
JuniorJ Tue 22-Jul-08 18:06:29

My son is 14 weeks old and going in for the above next Tuesday has anyone had this done to a child before and if so how do they get the drink down them ????? They have told me to make sure he is hungry however can't see how this willl make a difference as I know it taste vile.

Sidge Tue 22-Jul-08 18:08:45

It may be slightly different, but when my DD2 had a swallow study done they mixed a tiny amount of the contrast in her milk and food (she was older than your son hence the food). It was tasteless apparently.

So they will probably put it in milk - it's not like a barium swallow an adult has.

JuniorJ Tue 22-Jul-08 18:23:13

Thanks alot sidge it is just nice to know a little of what to expect and my mum has had the adult barium swallow done and she has said it wasn't nice at all.

JuniorJ Tue 22-Jul-08 18:23:15

Thanks alot sidge it is just nice to know a little of what to expect and my mum has had the adult barium swallow done and she has said it wasn't nice at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now