Talk

Advanced search

Baby Carriers

(3 Posts)
JuniorJ Tue 22-Jul-08 11:20:48

My son is 14 weeks old and wanted opinions as to when they can go forward in a baby carrier, he is very nosey and likes to look round alot, the brochure says when he can hold his head a shoulders, mine can hold his head I belive to be ok??

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Tue 22-Jul-08 11:27:29

Can I just say that it is not recommended (in the slinging world)that babies face forwards generally speaking as the world around them can be a bit frightening and can overstimulate. When they are facing you, at least when they have finished looking around them they can face back to you (a form of comfort). Also a lot of baby carriers on the marked if you look carefully will 'dangle' a baby by the crotch. Personally I wouldnt feel happy being dangled by the crotch as I am sure it cant be too comfy. Take a look at something like an ergo/patapum/beco etc or a wrap sling or a mei tai or a one shouldered sling. Babies bottom will sit below the knees so that they are in a seated position and not dangling. If you want a forwards carry, have a look at a ring sling as you can 'froggy' the legs inside the sling and still have them facing outwards.

laura325630 Wed 23-Jul-08 10:32:40

Hi, I have 2 carriers now that you can change to forward facing and they both recommend 4 months. However, if you feel your baby is ready and can hold his head well try it. If he isnt happy he will let you know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now