Talk

Advanced search

booster seats - handy sitt???

(8 Posts)
mamatilly Mon 21-Jul-08 16:45:54

does anyone have any thoughts on booster seats???

just heading off on holidays and 2 1/2 yr old too big for highchairs at grandmas etc.. thinking of handy sitt as it looks grown-up and is wooden etc...

how long do little ones need boosters for? will handy sitt last til then? any better ideas???

thanks

slinkiemalinki Mon 21-Jul-08 17:05:03

I think this is absolutely brilliant and about same size as handysitt but cheaper, lighter and very portable.

bookthief Mon 21-Jul-08 17:16:04

I've got a very similar booster to the one slinkie linked to and we use it quite a lot.

I love the handysitt as I think it looks fab but the inflatable one is v portable and does the job imo.

mrsgboring Mon 21-Jul-08 17:23:01

Oh yes, agree with Slinkie and Bookthief the inflatable ones are good.

I have used Handysitts at restaurants and find them infernal objects. Our local cafe had them and they acquired increasingly bloodcurdling warning notices on them and were eventually replaced. From this I infer there were accidents, though I never saw any. DS felt downright unsafe in them for a time though.

mustsleep Mon 21-Jul-08 17:33:24

we haven;t got a handysit but have a litaff seat 2 go whish is just the same but half the price and it's great grin

Seona1973 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:40:43

will a 2 1/2 year old need a booster? We only use a booster at home for ds (21 months) but if we are out he just uses a normal seat in a restaurant, at peoples houses, etc. If he finds it hard to reach he will kneel but mostly sits on his bum and does ok.

mrsgboring Mon 21-Jul-08 20:29:10

Yeah it's true Seona I wouldn't bother to schlepp one on holiday for 2.5 but for Grandma's house or anywhere you want decent behaviour for a relatively long meal stint a booster helps DC be comfortable.

Surprised you've managed thus far without one, though, which would make me wonder if you really have a need.

mamatilly Mon 21-Jul-08 20:44:19

thanks for your comments.... will ponder!

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now