Talk

Advanced search

10mo biting

(4 Posts)
rowrowrowyourboat Mon 21-Jul-08 10:33:20

So my 10 mo DD has started biting me and I'm not sure how to deal with it. The biting should be met with a firm No and being put down/moving away from her for a minute I guess, but the problem is when she bites it hurts and makes me yelp and then she bursts into tears. So do I leave her crying or comfort her?
I don't like leaving her crying but do want the biting to stop.

StealthPolarBear Mon 21-Jul-08 10:35:41

Ds started doing this when excited at about this age, we try to say a frim "No biting", is difficult though if it hurts.
Does your DD do it when excited? WE started to recognise the signs and knew to expect a nip! It is getting better, he is now 15mo and it's quite rare.

rowrowrowyourboat Mon 21-Jul-08 11:00:17

I don't think it's an excitment thing I'll bear that in mind, it could be an over tired type thing especially with the crying. I guess I just have to be firm with the no then cuddle her. I just hope it doesn't send mixed messages.

StealthPolarBear Mon 21-Jul-08 12:02:52

Ds does seem to understand NO
I don't think you will send mixed messages, they are much too young for proper punishment IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now