Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sad and nostalgic for DS baby days (& he's only 9 months!)

(6 Posts)
Mamatastic Fri 18-Jul-08 21:18:54

Hi, I'm not really sure where I should post this but I'm feeling a bit down about how quickly my little baby boy is growing up

He is almost 9 months old and I just feel like his first year is absolutely zooming by. I'm already getting nostalgic for his tiny baby days and tonight I put together his baby memory box and went through all my pregnancy belly pics, the scan pictures, birth cards, teeny clothes etc. He was a very longed for IVF baby and I think I'm maybe a bit sad that he is growing so fast in case we don't have any others (although we are lucky enough to have some frozen embryos). I know we will have many happy years ahead of us with DS with lots of lovely stages along the way but I can't help thinking of all the times when he was ickle.

I TOTALLY appreciate that he is a happy chappy who is growing and thriving so well, and that he is even here as I know others aren't as lucky. I think I'm feeling like this because I will be going back to work soon (in October- yes I know it's a while away still but I am seriously DREADING it). I am so far removed from work that I am having a bit of a crisis of confidence that I will be able to do my job (plus I just found out that my boss is pregnant so I will need to act up for a year while she is off- I totally depend on her so Christ knows how I'll cope without her!). All I want to do is be a SAHM so I can watch my baby grow and develop and I can be with him at such precious times. Argh I need to win the lottery!!!

Does anyone else ever feel like this or am I a crazy PFB freak!?

lizinthesticks Fri 18-Jul-08 21:29:20

I hate how we've got to this point today, where it takes two parents to work to sustain the kind of life our parents probably had with just one working full time (usually the bloke, granted). It's been so gradual over the years, this erosion of...well, dosh I guess.

It's great that more women are working. No reasonable person would suggest otherwise. But how much better it would be if instead of that happening, men would have moved more into family and domestic stuff. So that the situation would be 50/50 work/parenting for both sides. Seems such a set up is way, way rarer than it should be.

That's all I got, and it's barely even on topic. AND I haven't even hit the carlsberg special yet either. grin

EyeballsintheSky Fri 18-Jul-08 21:33:14

I know exactly how you feel. I nearly cried just now over a thread about infacol, because it seems like ages since we were constantly pumping it into dd and she's only 6 months!

I have to go back to work in January so a while yet. I assumed when I left that I wouldn't be going back at all but I don't think I'll be able to stay at home and this year is going so quickly. You're not a crazy freak...or at least, if you are then I am too!

PolarMummy Fri 18-Jul-08 22:04:04

Mamatastic I don't think you are a freak either, or at least if you are then I must be too!!

Time is just flying by, my DD is 9 1/2 months and I just can't believe it, I also wish I was able to be a SAHM but am heading back to work at the beginning of September

PortAndLemon Fri 18-Jul-08 22:09:15

It's quite normal (I hope...). When DS's first tooth came through at 6 months I was quite teary about how his gappy toothless baby days were gone forever.

luckylady74 Fri 18-Jul-08 22:12:47

I thing biologically there is a hormonal broodiness that happens at 9mths or so - your body recovering from the last one kind of thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now