Advanced search

NO ITS SHIT TALKING TO AN UNDER 3 ON THE HPONE

(27 Posts)
FluffyMummy123 Fri 18-Jul-08 16:15:08

Message withdrawn

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 18-Jul-08 16:16:06

eh?

EustaciaVye Fri 18-Jul-08 16:17:24

Lol. I agree, however my 4 year old answers the phone every time now as she is a faster runner than me hmm Every man is Daddy anf every woman is Grandma. Whilst annoying for the caller it is actually quite entertaining for me for about a millisecond until I have to utter apologies.

taipo Fri 18-Jul-08 16:19:30

Oh, I agree. Unless it's my own children. Then and only then is it cute.

lazaroulovesleggings Fri 18-Jul-08 16:20:01

Is it acceptable to put your children on the phone to cold callers?

FluffyMummy123 Fri 18-Jul-08 16:20:33

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Fri 18-Jul-08 16:20:37

I agree. Almost all talk too quietly or shout, and pretty much all are incoherent for the person on the other end.

I hate the answer phone messages done my children!

I never let my DD answer the phone, even now she is a bit older. When I was little we had some vile vile calls that I was subejcted too, simply as I was the one who answered them. Very disturbing and very scary - I won't risk it. DD simply knows she isn't to do it. Also, it might be a professional call - something to do with work, or DH's clients, or the bank, etc.

lazaroulovesleggings Fri 18-Jul-08 16:21:21

lol @ grunts!

EustaciaVye Fri 18-Jul-08 16:26:11

lol @ giving them to cold callers.

My DD is actually very coherent when answering but she cannot accpet it isnt Daddy on the other end grin

woodstock3 Sat 19-Jul-08 17:49:28

worse-people who put their baby's name on the answerphone, so their message says 'hi, this is the answerphone of bla and bla and jonny, please leave a message' when jonny is a BABY who cant TALK so it's hardly likely anybody's going to be ringing to talk to him.
i like talking to my niece and nephew on the phone tho. the little one just heavy breathes and my niece gives out wildly inappropriate and/or made up information

Flamesparrow Sat 19-Jul-08 17:50:50

DC speak on the phone, but only to aunt/grandparents/friends I know have been through the "I wanna speeeeeeeeeeeeeak" phase.

NEVER allowed to answer

shinyshoes Sat 19-Jul-08 17:55:23

My middle one has prerecorded the answerphone message it's tres cute, and when people leave messages they always comment on how cute it is.

He's good at answering the phone too, he just asks who it is and passes it over, he dosen't fanny about wink

NigellaTheOriginal Sat 19-Jul-08 17:58:43

taught mine very early on phone etiquette. now DD1 has fantastic telephone voice and sounds a bit like the queen. DD2 is more the grunting type.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 19-Jul-08 17:59:52

I knew this would be you. grin

lou031205 Sat 19-Jul-08 18:02:16

Nope, it's great - have a heart grin

FluffyMummy123 Sat 19-Jul-08 18:03:46

Message withdrawn

cocolepew Sat 19-Jul-08 18:06:39

I hate ringtones that are DCs saying 'Mummy/Daddy your phones ringng!'

I like it when the DDs answer our phone, coldcallers won't speak to children.

cocolepew Sat 19-Jul-08 18:06:39

I hate ringtones that are DCs saying 'Mummy/Daddy your phones ringng!'

I like it when the DDs answer our phone, coldcallers won't speak to children.

Flamesparrow Sat 19-Jul-08 18:10:10

I find it annoying rather than cute - sorry.

I am happy to speak to children during the call, but the phone needs to be answered by an adult/teen and the answer machine normal.

I am dull and don't like "comedy" answer machine messages either.

Cammelia Sat 19-Jul-08 18:12:04

When dd answers the phone people sometimes think its me. So either I sound like an 11 year old, or dd sounds like an old woman or, most likely, people don't listen properly smile

Its usually for her nowadays anyway. She even gets calls from an 11 year old boy for goodness sake

IndigoMoon Sat 19-Jul-08 18:14:54

dd (5)speaks to grandad on the phone as he is ireland. she chats away with all sorts of nonsense occasionally saying " grandad i dont understand what you are saying ". then we take the phone off her and speak to grandad and he says " i did not understand a word of that!".

so it is all a bit pointless in terms of communication but nice for them to speak at each other.

IndigoMoon Sat 19-Jul-08 18:17:26

i had a friend once, was the girlfriend of a friend, she was a lot older than me and an alcoholic. she once phoned my house ( i was living with my parents) and got my brother who due to the fact that his voice had not broke she thought it was me and proceeded to launch into a drunken emotional tirade. his face was a picture when he found me and passed me the phone.

FluffyMummy123 Sat 19-Jul-08 18:54:07

Message withdrawn

maidamess Sat 19-Jul-08 19:02:35

My mate said in her message 'XXX,YYY, and ZZZ (their daughter) can't come to the phone right now'

Some weirdo rang it by mistake....and then proceeded to keep calling, asking for the little girl.

Hecate Sat 19-Jul-08 19:31:45

Oh no no no no no no! I find letting my kids answer the phone is the best way in the world to make sure those bloody window/kitchen/conservatory/etc companies never call me back.

I lean in and listen, if it's someone I know, then I take the phone. If it's one of those damn call centres I just sit back and smile. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now