Talk

Advanced search

I know the obvious is a wrist strap or buggy but not my preferred options

(9 Posts)
itati Wed 16-Jul-08 16:10:32

DS2 is 3.

I rarely use the buggy when going to school and he is too big size wise for reins.

Today alone I have lost him in the playground 3 times, once I had to ask others to help and the second time someone saw him and stayed with him until I came. The third I found him. I was talking to DS1 the second time as he was upset.

With being so young he clearly doesn't understand the dangers of running off and I don't know what to do.

DD is nearly 5 and when she ran off last week and wouldn't come back she got a smack and I told her it was because what she did was dangerous. With DS2 that doesn't seem the right course of action.

Help before all my hair falls out, please.

gingerninja Wed 16-Jul-08 16:13:28

you can buy those little back packs with a reign thing, i think it's like a retractable dog lead grin my friend has one for her DS who is a runner and is gone in a flash.

itati Wed 16-Jul-08 16:13:47

Have you got a link please?

dylsmum1998 Wed 16-Jul-08 18:46:18

i got mine in john lewis here
i have put it on my 9 year old joking around

itati Wed 16-Jul-08 19:00:18

That looks good.

Someone has suggested a wrist strap with a spring in the middle so the child can go off a bit???

dylsmum1998 Wed 16-Jul-08 19:04:35

i think my brother had one of those (i think its what you mean?)
it looked like one of those coiled key ring chains we had when i was at school- please dont get one if it is what you mean. i remmeber him being on one and running in the road sad

itati Wed 16-Jul-08 19:10:58

I don't know what they are tbh, someone just mentioned it. I haven't heard of them before, just the wrist straps and the rucksacks with reins.

Was your brother okay?

dylsmum1998 Wed 16-Jul-08 20:02:50

yes luckily he was, was in a town so not the best place to realise that the wrist strap exteneded a bit too far. it was a few years ago now, so hopefully they have a more safe version now

MegBusset Wed 16-Jul-08 20:15:33

I have got the Little Life rucksack for DS, only got it recently but seems to work very well so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now