Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

13 days old and sleeps through the night!

(10 Posts)
susia Mon 14-Jul-08 22:46:33

my friend had a baby 2 weeks ago and he sleeps through the night...I'm SO jealous!!!

Snaf Mon 14-Jul-08 22:48:30

What does she class as 'through the night'? I'll bet it's not the same as my definition smile

Anyway, doesn't this baby need feeding?

susia Mon 14-Jul-08 22:48:47

why didn't my son do that???

susia Mon 14-Jul-08 22:49:50

I don't know - my son needed feeding all the time at that age envy

chloemegjess Mon 14-Jul-08 22:50:39

I am guessing he is formulafed and/or was left to cry at ssome stage. Also, when you say sleeping through the night, to some people, this means 7-7, others might still say through the night and mean midnight till 6, which is very different

susia Mon 14-Jul-08 22:53:07

no he is breastfed and not left to cry - probably midnight to 6 but still pretty good

cafebistro Mon 14-Jul-08 22:53:41

I'd class through the night as 12 hours...7pm till 7am. My 4 month DD used to do this but has taken to waking up twice in the night! Even if your friends baby is sleeping this long doesnt mean it'll last unfortunately!smile

girlsallaround Mon 14-Jul-08 22:55:36

a friends baby slept through the night (7 hours) from 3 days old. apparently i was like that too! both my friends baby and me were breastfed. i was an average size babies...who knows some lucky mothers right?

pgwithnumber3 Mon 14-Jul-08 23:00:49

DD2 was like that and then bam, at 1 month old, she started waking 3 times a night. I wouldn't get too envious!

StressTeddy Mon 14-Jul-08 23:02:04

LOVE it when they sleep through the night early on - means the parents get a Really rude awakewning later on when they are used to it and all smug.

[cackling jealous emoticon]

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: