Advanced search

sippy cups question

(10 Posts)
sarah293 Mon 14-Jul-08 20:40:05

Message withdrawn

giddykipper Mon 14-Jul-08 20:41:36

These Tommee Tippee ones are free flowing

FossilSister Mon 14-Jul-08 20:43:28

Tommy Tippee ones have a fold away spout so you can carry them around, but are just old-fashioned sippy cups, and quite cheap. I got mine from Tesco, but I'm sure they sell them in most supermarkets / baby sections.

sarah293 Tue 15-Jul-08 08:10:30

Message withdrawn

We had a similar problem in that they say free-flowing but they're not actually free-flowing at all!

We took a needle and heated it up really hot (held it with pliers!) and pierced a teeny hole in the top of a Tommee Tippee cup and hey presto, fast flow.

sarah293 Tue 15-Jul-08 08:18:47

Message withdrawn

Umlellala Tue 15-Jul-08 08:18:49

Well, our Tommee Tippee ones leak if you tip them upside down (as all the stains on our mattress/sofa/all over the house testify). We have a sippy cup from the pound shop too with spout but no flip-over.

WarmFuzzy Tue 15-Jul-08 08:44:50

The Avent Sportster has a valve to make it non-spill. If you take the valve off, it flows quite well.

silverfrog Tue 15-Jul-08 08:52:11

The vital baby ones in boots can all be free flow. They have a valve (easily removable) and without that they are totally free flow. I just tried it with this one and it just flows when tipped up.

desperatehousewifetoo Tue 15-Jul-08 15:44:57

Have tried all my spouted cups, none leak efficiently enough for a decent mouthfull (they seem to manage to seep easily into the carpet thoughhmm)

Does it need to have a spout?

Tommee tippee have one with a lid that has a hole in top to control the flow. ''Easyflow open cup''. So it is like drinking from a normal cup rim but with the amount of liquid controlled. I have one I no longer use, if you want it.

I used to recommend a lot of ''nosey cups'' for cp kids when I was working. Don't know if still available or would be any use for your dd.

How about a bottle with a sports lid (that can be pulled out? These could be squeezed in - not good for control if any swallowing difficulties though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now