Talk

Advanced search

7-year olds row - what do I do next?

(3 Posts)
Blu Sun 13-Jul-08 21:46:52

if anything.

It was DS's party today and we had a v small group for a small Dr Who party.

Suddenly a hug row erupted between 2 boys: A very upset and accusing B of having broken his sonic screwdriver. B furious and shouting, the whole thing very high octane. DP separated them, we settled them down in separate rooms, during which A said that B had thrown the screwdriver at him and hurt him. I asked B to apologise to A. B vdid, albeit ery very reluctantly and with a hard-done-by attitude, but they got on with the party. There has been 'previous' between these two, and B is often implicated in / in trouble for pushing, thumping etc.

Later, the adults presnt deduced that in fact the true instigator was prbably another boy altogether - C - who had asked someone else to mend his / a screwdriver, and then when it couldn't be mended, said 'oh I think this is A's screwdriver, anyway'. And when DP compared noted on the screwdriver a was upset about, and the one C had asked another adult t mend, the damage was identical..So it seems he swapped the screwdrivers (was seen by yet another adult with both in his hands), B may have been innocently playing with it, and got blamed for breaking it.

Should we let B know we know he didn't break it?
Should we tell C we think he may have swapped?
Should we tell parents of A (who are very wary of B because of 'previous') that B was in fact innocently - except for having thrown it whenwrongly accused?
Should we do nothing?

DS now knows that C had a screwdriver with the same damage that A was upset about, and may well say so at school whe it invitably gets discussed. So, should we let them sort it out amongst themselves?

jammi Mon 14-Jul-08 09:45:05

Message withdrawn

Blu Mon 14-Jul-08 16:41:07

Well, we're not sure which child was wronged and to what extent.

An i won' apologise to the child who threw he screwdriver, because he shouldn't have done that anyway,under an circumstances...sorry, I don't agree with you, if i'm looking after children and one throws an object a another, I will deal with it firmly but politely and gently. I only asked him to apologise - he didn't deny throwing it at the other child, just breaking it.
Anyway, they are al friendly enough today..I will watch child C for sneaky moves when he plays here again - he has been known to smuggle biscuits out of the kitchen when he thinks I'm not looking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now