Talk

Advanced search

DD watched horror film at friends house

(41 Posts)
punished Fri 11-Jul-08 19:59:36

My DD (9) went to a friends house after school. Anyway apparantly they were discussing religion with friends parents and she told them she was catholic. Friends dad said he had a religious film she might like and they put The Omen on for them.

She tells me it didn't really bother her but I'm still annoyed. I don't know whether to mention it to the parents or what?

bythepowerofgreyskull Fri 11-Jul-08 20:01:20

ooh a hard one, I would be livid an would want to have strong words to the parents.
But not sure if that is the right thing.

Uriel Fri 11-Jul-08 20:01:52

shock

punished Fri 11-Jul-08 20:04:37

By the sounds of it it was done in a "catholic? this will be a laugh, we'll let her watch the anti-christ".

KaySamuels Fri 11-Jul-08 20:05:01

shock

I would definately mention it!

morningpaper Fri 11-Jul-08 20:05:32

shock

IllegallyBrunette Fri 11-Jul-08 20:06:01

I would be seriously pissed off.

milknosugar Fri 11-Jul-08 20:07:02

i wouldnt let her go again and if they ask say why, but i wouldnt mention it, cant see how it would help. i doubt they will take you seriously

Flamesparrow Fri 11-Jul-08 20:07:07

shock

Flamesparrow Fri 11-Jul-08 20:08:15

I'd lie and tell them she has had nightmares about "a film she saw with you", and you were wondering what exactly she watched... take it from there.

foxythesnowfox Fri 11-Jul-08 20:08:37

Its wrong. For a start its an 18.
Secondly, who does he think he is?

I'd be fuming and I'd be having a word. I couldn't give a monkeys if they think I'm being precious.

Grrr for you.

Slubberdegullion Fri 11-Jul-08 20:08:44

I would be absolutely furious with nobs on.

I hate, hate, hate horror movies, and will go up to an even higher level of hating (and frightened of) religious horror movies.

What is the Omen? a 15, a 18? Why is an adult showing it to a 9 year old without your permission. I would have had to sleep with the lights on for months if I had seen that aged 9.

I would say something in a calm but uber narrowed eyes "just what do you think you were playing at?" manner.

morningpaper Fri 11-Jul-08 20:10:17

I would be terrified if I saw that film and I'm 33

I hate horror films, they give me nightmares

It's a 18 certificate!

TotalChaos Fri 11-Jul-08 20:11:14

9 is way young for that sort of thing.

unfitmother Fri 11-Jul-08 20:11:26

That film scared me, what were they thinking of? shock

southeastastra Fri 11-Jul-08 20:12:14

the dad sounds like a right weirdo, what's he like?

punished Fri 11-Jul-08 20:15:05

he's one of these cocky types, "what i say, goes" kind of thing. Hes very intollerant of people that do not think the same as him. I'm annoyed that he was there tbh, I only agreed to her going because I assumed he'd be at work. I don't like him.

Tnoog Fri 11-Jul-08 20:17:05

He sounds an arrogant twerp.

morningpaper Fri 11-Jul-08 20:18:35

The Omen Contains: Strong violence including a decapitation, impalement and a hanging. There are also three more less graphic deaths in the film. Also, attempted brutal violence towards children.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I can't believe it's even LEGAL

I would be ringing my local police station to moan

Probably DH would go round and get arrested for some sort of Affray

fryalot Fri 11-Jul-08 20:18:44

he's a twat of the highest order.

Not sure what is to be gained by mentioning it to the parents though, as it was the parents!

Don't let her go round there again...

OomphreyCushion Fri 11-Jul-08 20:19:17

So your 9 yo DD said she was catholic.

And this adults' response was to say he had a religious film she might like, and then put The Omen on for them! shockangry

He sounds like a total wanker, frankly.

I would be livid.

Not only because the film is totally unsuitable for a 9 yo, but because of the way he couched the whole things as "religious film she might like".

The behaviour of a smug tosser, and an extremely offensive move, imo.

Tell him you've got a film that he might find interesting and relevant - 'The Jerk'.

morningpaper Fri 11-Jul-08 20:20:00

You could start ringing him at strage hours of the morning and breathing heavily down the phone

Maybe making wooooo noises outside his bedroom

What about leaving crosses in blood on his doorstep?

Rattling chains? Scratch marks on the windows?

morningpaper Fri 11-Jul-08 20:20:49

could you perhaps boil one of his pets

OomphreyCushion Fri 11-Jul-08 20:20:54

Or just shove his bollocks in a toaster?

OomphreyCushion Fri 11-Jul-08 20:21:22

<<cuts to the chase grin>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now