Talk

Advanced search

Baby no.2? ummmm yeh or ney?

(7 Posts)
cupcake78 Thu 10-Jul-08 07:45:05

DS is only 9mths and bloody mother nature has kicked in again.

Does having two really make that much difference?

madame Thu 10-Jul-08 10:38:18

I think it does cup cake, I have dd who will be 3 in September. Been trying to have another since she was about 1 but to no avail unfortuntely and one miscarriage along the way....I went out for dinner the other evening with a close friend who does have 2 with 11 months between them. She was saying how she regretted having them so close as she has not had the opportunity to really appreciate her first. She was so tired all the time and it has been a real struggle for her.

I personally would love 2 but I am glad in lots of ways that it hasn't happened to us yet as I have have had such quality time with my daughter.If it was to happen now then my dd would get to enjoy the whole expereince also.

I have lots of friends that have 2 close and they just seem worn down alot of the time and stressed in their realtionships.

I am sure there are millions of other families out there very happy with lots of children, this is just my persoanl opinion and you have to do whats right for you.

Enjoy your son....

I

kerryk Thu 10-Jul-08 17:57:37

there is 2 just over two years between my dd's. i wanted to have them even closer together but the bloody army kept on sending dh away when i needed him here.

i love having them close together, the first couple of years were tough but also great and now they are 4&6 they are the best of friends and do everything together.

a friend of mine left 4.5 years between her two and now says she wishes she had them closer together, she also has problems with the older one being jealous where as my dd1 was only a toddler and did not seem bothered by the new baby.

i would say go for it, if you think you will end up with 2 at some point in the future anyway then why wait?

chloemegjess Thu 10-Jul-08 21:25:25

We have had the same thoughts as you cupcake. We aren't using protection, but are not "trying" iyswim. We only have sex once or twice a month, and I am still breastfeeding (but periods returned straight away).

I just figgure that way, if its meant to be, it will happen, if not then it wont. I will be happy either way. I have my DD who is the best thing that ever happened to me.

sweetkitty Thu 10-Jul-08 21:32:32

I have 2 18 months apart and love it they are so close 4 and 2 1/2 now. Wanted another one close as well but mother nature put a spanner in the works a bit but I'm about to have DD3.

I woudl say go for it.

nikos Thu 10-Jul-08 21:37:05

I've got three and I sometimes think how easy life would be with one. But the youngest is now 4 and it is much easier.

We've just returned from 2 weeks abroad and I often thought, as I watched them all playing, how lonely dd would have been if she'd been an only. It would have been a very dull holiday for her.

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Thu 10-Jul-08 21:38:21

this is interesting, my ds is 15m and I was wondering whether I was bonkers for even considering ttc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now