Talk

Advanced search

pre-teen wobblers

(4 Posts)
MumRum Wed 09-Jul-08 21:19:25

My DD is nearly 12 and has what we call wobblers... ie, screaming/shouting fi/crying/slamming doors almost daily, it could be over something quite simple like asking her to do something, or if something goes wrong... now my point is that to us this is normal, but a friend made me smile when she said that sometimes her DD (same age) sometimes gets really cross, cries and stomps upstairs and slams her bedroom door...

So how often does your DD have wobblers and how do you deal with them...

cocolepew Wed 09-Jul-08 21:22:58

My DD is 8 and this happens to her. She hasn't started her periods but it is definately hormones as I kept a note of when it was worse, and it was already into 4 weekly cycles. She had one tonight, crying and saying she felt angry. I've stared her on fish oils and evening primrose oil. If she's anything like me she's going to be horrendous!

SKYTVADDICT Wed 09-Jul-08 21:24:22

DD1 12 and getting more frequent. Wouldn't say daily but had two tonight. 1 because she couldn't find her textile folder and she would be in trouble at school amd 2 because she didn't want pork loin chops for tea!

She isn't all bad but it does seem to be getting worse. We have DC4 due in four weeks so I am probably over-compensating but she is driving DP mad.

She is very lazy, selfish, thoughtless and dizzy and since staring high school and getting a new group of friends her attitude stinks. We have made new rules at the weekend about wet towels, making bed, make up etc and hope to run them alongside pocket money.

MumRum Wed 09-Jul-08 21:48:37

DD hasn't started her periods yet but I don't think it will be long...

DD was going out to play with her friends yesterday, she didn't have her phone, it was upstairs, she asked me to get it, I said no, she asked if she could borrow mine... I explained I was going out and would need it and she went ballistic... screaming that she hated me.. and that she would have to go all the way upstairs to get it (no we don't have a west wing before you ask) screaming and slamming doors on the way... I followed her and said she didn't need it as she wasn't going anywhere after the way she had spoken to me and behaved... more screaming.. crying...
I find it all so exhausting and unnesessary!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now