Talk

Advanced search

My colleague (she of minge flash fame) looked after her first grandchild recently, overnight for the first time - I smiled nicely and bit the inside of my cheeks when she said .......

(28 Posts)
MamaG Wed 09-Jul-08 13:24:10

"I got him into a routine for her [i.e. her dd, mother of baby] as he's not really in one. He doesn't have a set bedtime and he settled down fine for me. I think she'll keep it up now I've told her how to do it"

grin - he's 8 weeks old

MamaG Wed 09-Jul-08 13:29:41

<drums fingers>

are there NO OTHER snippy cowbags on today?

PonderingThoughts Wed 09-Jul-08 13:31:09

LOL!!

Pure.Genius!

Pruners Wed 09-Jul-08 13:31:57

Message withdrawn

DustyTV Wed 09-Jul-08 13:32:18

lol at getting an 8 week old in to a routine. DD is 7.5mo and still not in a routine blush

8 week old I wish.

cocolepew Wed 09-Jul-08 13:33:18

I seemed to have missed the minge flashing thread.......

cocolepew Wed 09-Jul-08 13:33:18

I seemed to have missed the minge flashing thread.......

Ladytophamhatt Wed 09-Jul-08 13:33:26

idiot!

springerspaniel Wed 09-Jul-08 13:33:33

I'll join in.

I am a supporter of routines (but don't want to start that argument.)

I am NOT a supporter of interfering grandparents. [I know other side of argument is she was being helpful but sod that - I am 40 weeks + 1 so feely very snippy.]

The only way to deal with interfering grandparents is to wind them up more than they wind you up, e.g. grandparent says routines are good; I tell grandparent that I respect my 3 year old and let him play all night and sleep all day.

Please tell (or put a link to) the minge flash story. I am intrigued.

MamaG Wed 09-Jul-08 13:33:49

Pruners - i didn't dare ask!

TheProvincialLady Wed 09-Jul-08 13:34:07

No it's true - grandparents really are loads better with babies than their rubbish parents. My mum was able to achive the perfect 'putting down the baby' at 8 weeks when I was piss poor at it. Because a one off fluke really does mean a lot, doesn't it?grin

MamaG Wed 09-Jul-08 13:36:20

the minge thread was in chat and must have gone

I will recap

Colleague wore a knee length flared skirt one day. She noticed, whilst standing opposite my desk, facing me, taht there was a hole in the hem of her skirt so she lifted it RIGHT UP to look at the hole. Sadly, the folds of the skirt didn't swoosh closed to preserve her modesty and I was treated to a view of her MINGE in white mesh knickers, so I actually got a very good look <shudder>

springerspaniel Wed 09-Jul-08 13:38:55

Reminds me of when my step-mum came round when DS1 was a few weeks old. She rocked him in her arms for 2 hours and funnily enough he slept the whole time.

My dad announces that she clearly has 'the magic touch.'

DS1 starts crying the minute she puts him down to go home. He must be 'hungry' apparently. Yeah right. Thanks. He'd have starved if you hadn't pointed that out.

springerspaniel Wed 09-Jul-08 13:39:58

LOL at minge flash story and also my cross posting. Looks like minge flash story reminded me of my step-mum. Gross.

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 13:40:51

[vomit]

sounds like a real charmer to share office space with hmm

am half curious, half terrified to know what on earth she did to the 8 week old to get him in a 'routine' hmm

sophiewd Wed 09-Jul-08 13:42:18

MAMAG - have left you a message on Quiche thread

madamez Wed 09-Jul-08 13:42:37

Maybe she's so old she's deaf to his grumbles. Suprised you didn't point out to her that baby has nappy on head and bottle stuck up arse (just to see if she'd check...)

MamaG Wed 09-Jul-08 13:43:20

She's actually rather sweet, but just typical of her generation grin (apart from the minge incidnet of course)

sophie - will go check now <swoooosh>

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 09-Jul-08 13:44:42

Message withdrawn

springerspaniel Wed 09-Jul-08 13:54:04

Starlight - agree completely re. visitors.

Still laughing about minge story. Think it was the 'white mesh' bit that did it for me. In my head, this woman is as old as my grandmother which is really rather old for white mesh.

canofworms Wed 09-Jul-08 14:02:30

My mil babysat for the 1st time when my dd1 was 6 weeks old. She was a colicky baby and didn't settle at night at all.

Imagine my horror at coming home to find a v. smug grandma sat there with baby fast asleep in her cot (had always refused to sleep there for me).

Took so much effort just to smile sweetly....

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 14:36:06

lol.... my mother didn't even manage to get dd dressed for bed when she minded her at 8 weeks.

she screamed for the whole 5 hours grin hysterically. she sobbed into my boob for 20 minutes when i got home and dropped off.

TigerFeet Wed 09-Jul-08 14:39:11

who screamed and sobbed Pink Tulips?

Your dd or your mother? grin

<snort> at routine for 8wo sorted in one night

<boak> at grandmotherly minge in mesh pants

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 14:45:02

my mother spent the whole time trying to shove bottles of EBM down her throat as she was obsessed with giving her a bottle, despite my dad repeatedly suggesting maybe she should just calm down and try to settle her.

at the time i was upset (PFB) but looking back i find it hilarious as my mom thinks she's maternal and loving but is really, really not grin

lizinthesticks Wed 09-Jul-08 15:32:15

So wait - this minge flasher is a grandma??

Wow.

My gran liked the odd Woodbine. Doesn't compare really, does it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now