Talk

Advanced search

I have just had the most annoying and frustrating 2 hours EVER

(23 Posts)
eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 13:16:07

Ok maybe not ever blush but REALLY bloomin annoying.

11. DS asks to go to bed. I put him to bed he is drifting off I leave the room and go to lie down in my bed for 30 mins before landlady and gas man arrive at 11:30. I had a mild migraine so put my eye mask on and think I can rest for 30 mins.

10 mins later - very loud banging on the door. Wakes up DS. Its the gas man without landlady. He keeps calling her (landlady) "He" and I keep correcting him saying she is a woman, he looks at me like I have a screw loose. hmm

I call landlady and she comes straight over (she lives next door) I go try to resettle DS after asking gas man and landlady to please keep the noise down as he was going down for a nap.

I settle him. Leave the room. 10 mins later I hear DS squealing with laughter at my cat who is apparently in the room with him. I go in, get the cat out and resettle DS.

(Please note when I say settle I mean sing and read to him all over again!) He is almost asleep when I hear the door close downstairs. Gasman has left I assume landlady left with him. A few seconds later as I am kissing DS and about to leave the room I hear a bloody voice behind me and ITS HER she has let herself IN TO DS's ROOM with the lights out blackout blind down and stairgate closed and says in a perfectly normal tone of voice "Just popping in to say bye eeny" DS starts jumping on the bed and saying her name over and over again.

I really really really am very angry at this point but manage to smile sweetly and say "ok would you mind letting yourself out as I am trying to get DS to sleep"

She does. I leave him in his room. 10 mins later he calls me. I go up. He tells me he has to do a poo and doesnt want to go in his nappy. I take him to the toilet. He does a wee. Then I take him to wash his hands. He insists on brushing his teeth (again)

I am marching him back into his room praying "god give me patience" AND SOMEONE BLOODY KNOCKS ON THE DOOR.

Its a woman I gave something to off freecycle. She is ready to pick it up.

At this point I am ready to cry. Give woman said item then go back upstairs and get DS out of bed and plonk him down in front of Pingu and write this.

Well done if you got to the end.

Twiglett Wed 09-Jul-08 13:17:39

um...

there, there

<?>

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 13:21:52

what?? why the <?>

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 13:22:13

I dont know what that means!

Twiglett Wed 09-Jul-08 13:23:21

sorry .. I was questioning whether the 'there, there' was the right response smile

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 13:28:03

ah yes its perfect!! thank you! And um... can you come make me a cup of tea as well? wink

Sigh. I suppose I shall have to do that myself! (eeny picks herself sloooooooooowly off the sofa and heads to the much overused kettle)

calsworld Wed 09-Jul-08 13:30:40

Oh eeny, that's all a bit pants. Hope the tea helps your headache smile

LittlePeanut Wed 09-Jul-08 13:33:28

Bloody hell what a bloody nightmare. Don't know how you managed the sweet smile to your landlady. Clearly either she has never had DC, or it has been a very, very long time since they were little?

Let's hope he naps this afternoon at some point? Hope your migraine gets better too x

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 13:41:05

she has never had DC and she is very very very pushy.

My head is actually getting better and I am not drinking tea and playing helicopters grin Thanks for the sympathy.

It was one of those times when I started laughing like "Ok, what next??" Just a bizarre string of annoying luck! Not the end of the world though.

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 14:03:46

lol..... he asks to go to bed shock that's amazing!

ds has been giving up his naps for months now (although just to lake that statemnet a lie he's asleep on me right now grin)

does he get cranky if he doesn't have the sleep? because if he doesn't and he's not dropping off out of tiredness but jumping around laughing he may not really need a nap so early in the day anymore.

grrr on your behalf at gasman and landlady btw..... had similar incidents in flats and actually ended up screaming at neighbours once blush

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 15:05:53

he gets miserable if he doesnt get to sleep in the day for a couple of hours.

To make my day even better I tripped over a full potty and spilled the contents on the floor. Nice. I stubbed my toe. And DS threw the mother of all tantrums (because he didnt get his sleep) I just now put him to bed again cross your fingers for me but will proabably have to wake him in 30 mins when DH will hopefully be home to take me to ASDA. I soooooooo want a holiday!

edam Wed 09-Jul-08 15:10:57

OK, with the potty and all you definitely win the 'worst day' award. <attempts sympathetic smile while restraining a snigger at you managing to stub your toe on a full potty>

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 15:11:42

awwwww. will he sleep in the car on the way to the shops?

btw.... how on earth are you managing to potty train him already? shock well done you! ds asks to go to the toilet all of once a week and never does anything in it grin and he's scared of the potty!

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 15:15:48

DS just sort of insisted on getting potty trained! We had a potty in the living room but werent doing anything with it but he had read some books about it and one day he was naked and just sat down, did a poo, then came and told me (I was in the kitchen cooking) so we thought... right... ok... 30 mins later he did the same with a wee so we said fair enough and began training him. Within a week he was never having accidents at home (but to be fair he has been naked from the waist down all week) and when we are out and about he makes it to the potty successfully about 80% of the time. 100% is I remember to ask him if he needs to go every hour. blush a few times I have forgotten and he has had an accident which is my fault.

Sigh. I hate days like this. You just feel you have been deprived of a perfectly good day!

DS is of course asleep now.

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 15:19:20

impressive...... think ds is doomed to be in nappies til 3 as he won't even admit if he's done a poo or not [sigh]

how's the headache now?

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 15:26:06

I didnt really care when DS trained but it is nice to not have to buy nappies as I am very broke!!

Head is fine, thank you!! How are you & your little incubating chickie?

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 21:12:49

feeling fat grin can't believe how rotten i feel considering this is the point at which i found out with my other 2 pregs! must be psychological really.... i know i'm preg therefore i feel ill grin

very envy of no nappies..... it'll be years before i have a nappy free house

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 21:29:55

well hopefully I will be back in nappies too we have been TTC for a while!

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 21:30:50

oh and I am sure you arent really fat!!

lizinthesticks Wed 09-Jul-08 21:34:33

Heaven forefend.

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 21:44:53

yes lizin did you note that I tripped over a full potty as well? grin

PinkTulips Wed 09-Jul-08 21:55:00

well dp keeps looking at my belly and laughing hmm

eenybeeny Wed 09-Jul-08 22:20:07

probably out of smugness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now