Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I wish I...

(14 Posts)
dejags Wed 02-Feb-05 18:17:29

Could have another baby - it's driving me mad, I dream about it at night, I daydream about it during the day and I feel so envious of pregnant women.

The thing is, is that DS2 is only 21 weeks old, we have just moved to a new home 6000miles from the UK and DS1 has just started school. I must be crazy..

Does anybody else feel this way?

nasa Wed 02-Feb-05 18:19:23

well yes. I am utterly desperate to be pregnant but then DS is 3 and half and we've been trying for no2 for 7 months with no luck everyone around me seems to be so bloody fertile.
could it be hormones dejags? if you really want another one then go for it i say

prunegirl Wed 02-Feb-05 18:20:23

Message withdrawn

dejags Wed 02-Feb-05 18:20:58

must be hormones Nasa - it's certainly beyond my control

it's a really tangible feeling - like a tugging on my heart.

I was once the least maternal woman in the world - these feelings are a shock to me, considering I already have 2 beautiful children.

Twiglett Wed 02-Feb-05 18:42:20

Yup .. despite a horrendous pregnancy (with asthma) I yearned for another baby from DD being about 2 weeks old

I think, for me, the issue is that DH thinks 2 is enough (and in order for me to get pregnant again we would have to defrost his sperm and have assisted conception due to current medication).

So it feels fairly sure that DD will be my last .. I dislike seeing her go up to the next size clothes, can't bear the thought of stopping BFing (because it might be my last time), don't ever want to not have a warm baby body to snuggle

If I did get to have another I would want another 3 year gap minimum (and then I'll be pushing 40)

Don't know what to say or suggest .. just wanted to let you know you're not alone .. and there's always time if you decide to have another

bathmummy Wed 02-Feb-05 18:50:28

Yep - nice to know that broodiness after two is not that unusual. I wasn’t broody after DD1 for a good year, but only days after DD2 I wanted a third.
Several of my friends have just announced that they are pregnant and I am so envious. Catch myself daydreaming all the time. I fell pregnant immediately for both of mine (not that it will mean it is so easy next time of course) My problem isn’t DH - he would love more - we simply do not have the bedroom space and can’t afford a bigger home at the minute. The house is not extendable either
Oh well, need to be patient and learn to wait and see what happens in the future. I have always imagined having a huge family, seems strange facing the possibility that I may not ever be pregnant again.

dejags Wed 02-Feb-05 18:52:05

Twiglett - isn't it strange that our bodies overtake our minds this way.

I really hope that things work out well for you.

dejags
x

jampots Wed 02-Feb-05 18:52:07

errr.....no

dejags Wed 02-Feb-05 18:54:35

Bathmummy - I'd be interested to know if we feel this way after two because for a lot of people this is when the family is "complete".

I sometimes think I'll be less than fastidious than I should be with my pill and see what happens but I am too much of a control freak to take that approach

Joolstoo Wed 02-Feb-05 18:54:45

no! - even though it seems to be quite trendy for old age pensioners to be getting preggers

dejags Wed 02-Feb-05 18:55:46

who you calling old Joolstoo ..

Twiglett Wed 02-Feb-05 20:37:32

Dejags .. DH is the youngest of 9 and they grew up in a 3 bed house .. don't think space should stop you .. if you can fit bunks and a cot in a room then you can have 3 kids in there

highlander Thu 03-Feb-05 02:50:33

I'm full of admiration for couples that willingly relive those god-awful first 3 months. Dejags, if it's good for you then go for it!

Personally, I have instructed DH to invest in bulk supplies of wellie boot thickness condoms

dejags Thu 03-Feb-05 08:17:19

Highlander - I felt exactly the same after DS1, the first three months with him were bloody awful.

That's why I am so surprised I feel so strongly about having another.

One of the reasons we moved back to South Africa was to have more living space - our house has six bedrooms - best I get on with filling them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now