Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you call a little girl's bits...????

(182 Posts)
choklit Tue 01-Jul-08 04:20:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UnderRated Tue 01-Jul-08 04:31:45

Vulva

Please teach her to use the correct term. It is really important, from a child protection point of view. Vagina would do.

olyoly Tue 01-Jul-08 05:28:52

Penis, vagina, breast. It is important to us that our kids know the proper names for body parts and don't think they are anything to be ashamed about. That being said, we say 'bottom' and not anus, or a more precise word.

beegee Tue 01-Jul-08 05:44:00

I debated this long and hard .... ds has a willy and is proud of it - I chose filly for my dd. She can say it easily and says it with pride smile

I appreciate how some parents like to use the exact terms like vulva but I think it sounds too adult for dcs in some ways. Not that I'm scared or prudish of being upfront about nakedness. But what I mean is for boys there's a 'willy' and then that progresses on to 'penis' at puberty I reckon...something for them to proudly grow in to - girls need to have some equivalent. I decided to invent one as the vocabulary on female genitalia is woefully absent or technical. I'm not sure what is commonly used at school.

Child protection - my dd proudly points to her filly when talking about it (and points to mine when I'm getting dressed!!). I think she's very clear what she's talking about.

olyoly Tue 01-Jul-08 06:01:00

Va-jay-jay seems pretty popular these days. I think Oprah calls it that...

seeker Tue 01-Jul-08 06:28:56

Not "bits" though - please, anything but "bits"

Acinonyx Tue 01-Jul-08 07:05:50

What is a good term for a 3 yr-old girl to call the place where the wee comes out?

Bumdiddley Tue 01-Jul-08 08:19:54

Dh is a sahd and calls dd's her ning-ning (no idea where it came from)DD now calls it her ding ding grin. She has a little ding ding and mummy has a little big ding ding hmmDaddy and lb have willies.

A 6 yo I went to school with was taught to use the proper terms - she called them peanuts and china grin

Vulva and anus are of the vagina and anus why would you call them that? It sounds so clinical. Can you also explain the child protection thing too? (Sorry for the hijack!)

christiana Tue 01-Jul-08 08:22:24

Message withdrawn

kiltycoldbum Tue 01-Jul-08 08:34:24

for my dd its a "tinkle" where she goes tinkles from, the same as what my mum told us it was funnily enough smile

eleanorsmum Tue 01-Jul-08 08:36:46

we have a botty and bottom (front and back!) but she knows dh has a penis?!? should use vulva/vagina methinks!

Acinonyx Tue 01-Jul-08 09:24:13

DD pointed to dh's willy and said - 'I've got one of those - but it's very tiny' shock

We've been saying front and back bottom so far.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 01-Jul-08 09:28:44

Girly bum in this house (full of boys and willies here though, so don't really feel the need to go into more detail with them just yet!)

springerspaniel Tue 01-Jul-08 10:17:01

DS also has a willy. Number 2 due in a week and scan said probably a girl so have been thinking about this one.

Hmm. Quite like tinkle.

I asked people at work - they had front bottoms, lady's bottoms, bits, tuppence, fairy and something else I can't remember. Noone liked fanny.

beaniesteve Tue 01-Jul-08 10:25:02

VAgina! Though when I was little a penis was a willie and a Vagina was a Winkie!
I have since met lloads of people who's parents called the Penis a winkie.

forevercleaning Tue 01-Jul-08 10:28:01

front bottom. in fact you dont have to call it anything. just girls bottom and boys bottom

oggsfrog Tue 01-Jul-08 10:29:30

Fanny, bum, willy and balls.
Dd also knows vagina, vulva, penis and testicles, but usually uses fanny.

Can't abide all these whimsical, mimsy type euphamisms, and a filly is a young female horse grin.

Mamatastic Tue 01-Jul-08 10:40:49

hmmmmm been thinking about this too for my 8 month DS who is now discovering the inevitable life long habit of playing with his willy....What do you call a willy though when his uncle is a Willie???? Tad confusing is it not?

Dropdeadfred Tue 01-Jul-08 10:46:53

When we were little we were told to wash our 'Bits & Pieces, Pits and Creases'

We call it a Minny...don't know why

CrushWithEyeliner Tue 01-Jul-08 10:52:45

front bottom -I think that is horrid sorry

We say Minny and Willy

Klaw Tue 01-Jul-08 10:58:02

Dd is now 3 and I've been deliberating about this since birth. I don't know if my mum taught me anything, as I can't recall referring to mine by any sort of name blush It would probably have been fanny she would have used [yuck!]

DD used to refer to her vulva as her bottom and, in fact, one time when I told her her vulva was a vulva she declared to me that it was not, it was her bottom. The whole area seemed to be her bottom.

Now that she's a little bit older I was telling her just last week that it was her vulva, it was so funny hearing her say it! Anyway, I've decided to teach her the correct term as I don't like any of the euphemisms, they all seem so twee..... I would consider using fanjo as that is so light hearted yet I don't find it as awful as wee mary, flower, ninny etc.

When ds was little we called his willy his 'wee man' [cringe]blush

Elibean Tue 01-Jul-08 11:15:12

Vagina and vulva, though as I speak French with dds I get to chicken out and use 'zezette', mostly.

dd (4.5) also knows willy, because the boys at school use it, but she tends to say (rarely, I hasten to add!) penis because thats what dh said it was when she roared with laughter and asked what that funny thing was grin

Acinonyx Tue 01-Jul-08 12:36:57

But vulva is hardly an accurate term for where the wee comes out and that's what dd is referring too. She doesn't realise there is a middle bottom yet.

egypt Tue 01-Jul-08 12:38:02

wee wee bottom
front bottom

Jux Tue 01-Jul-08 12:38:49

We have willies and fannies in our house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now