Talk

Advanced search

Sent dd to school - I feel dreadful.

(8 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Thu 27-Jan-05 22:33:48

DD (5) was off school Tuesday and Wednesday as she has had a really bad cough and temperature. She started to get back to her normal self a bit last night, being cheeky and squabbling with her sister so I told her she was going back to school today. She didn't want to get out of bed this morning and I thought she was just being her normal awkward self. I shouted at her and made her get dressed. Sent her into school. Lunchtime I had a phonecall from school saying that she was in the first aid room with a temperature of 39!! They said that she had to go home. Took her to docs this afternoon and they have diagnosed tonsillitis. I feel really bad now for sending her in to school this morning.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Thu 27-Jan-05 22:36:56

Honey I sent my DS to school with a headache. It turned out to be a huge migraine.

Mummyloves Thu 27-Jan-05 22:39:23

Do NOT feel bad, you're NOT psychic! You responded like I certainly would have done, based on what you had before you. Look, give her extra cuddles, extra fuss, but because she's poorly and deserves it anyway, not out of guilt. Hoestly, you've NOTHING to feel guilty about. If you honestly believed she was fit to go to school then what have you done wrong? It happens, we're not perfect, all doctors or like I said, psychic. Hope she gets better soon!

coppertop Thu 27-Jan-05 22:47:49

I happily left ds1 at school at 9am. At 11am the school phoned to tell me that he had developed spots all over his face. He had chickenpox. He'd seemed fine when I left him.

SPARKLER1 Thu 27-Jan-05 22:56:16

I know I shouldn't feel bad - but I guess that's motherhood for you. It's just that she was trying to tell me this morning that she was tired and I just thought she was playing me up. All the time she must have felt so poorly. Tonsillitis is a horrible thing.

SPARKLER1 Thu 27-Jan-05 23:13:39

Mummyloves Thu 27-Jan-05 23:45:57

Sparkler I know, but on another occasion when she wasn't poorly etc, she'd have been trying to give you all sorts of excuses as to why she couldn't have done something, becuse she was trying it on! At her age, you were not to know! Her language and reasoning isn't that advanced, you go by what you know about her, and by what other behaviour you've seen, ie the night before she was cheeky and seemed much better. If you're not careful I shall open a bar, and the first drinks will be on you! Stop feeling guilty, that is an order, you have nothing to feel guilty about!

SPARKLER1 Fri 28-Jan-05 09:36:49

Phew looks like I got away with that one then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now