Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I send my kids back? Not sure I like this parenting lark any more!

(14 Posts)
sandyballs Thu 27-Jan-05 10:13:54

My two DDs (nearly 4) have done nothing but whinge and whine and moan for the past week and me and DH are finding it very very wearing.

Nothing is right - socks not comfy, don't like those trousers, don't want that breakfast, don't want to go to nanna's, want daddy not mummy, want mummy not daddy, too hot, too cold ...... you get my drift. AAAAGGGHHHHH

Didn't think it would be this hard at 4 - thought the hardest bit of having twins would be the baby years and getting up at night but that was a doddle in comparison. I really don't like them much at the moment which is a horrible thing to say.

It's only with us that they are like this, nursery says they are wonderful, if a little boisterous , grandparents don't have this problem when they have them. I really think we must be doing something wrong.

bubble99 Thu 27-Jan-05 10:17:28

Hi sandyballs, lots of sympathy to you. One whinging four year old is bad enough- but two!
I'm expecting twins any day now so thanks for shattering my illusions that it would get easier after the first year.

kid Thu 27-Jan-05 10:19:31

no, rest assured its not you. Kids always act differently in front of their parents. To be honest, I get sick and tired of being told that!

Just try to grin and bear it and hopefully it will get better. My DS is currently going through the whinging stage, he is 2.9 and drives me mad sometimes! Today at the school dropping DD off, he screamed at the top of his voice (I'm sure th whole school could hear him!) that he wanted to go nursery and he wanted to go now!

Hope they get less whingey for you soon

paolosgirl Thu 27-Jan-05 10:21:13

If you're doing something wrong, then so are most of us! I completely empathise/sympathise - I really didn't think paenting would be this hard. Sometimes, all I feel I do is nag and moan and scream . The thing is - if the nursery and grandparents don't have any problems with them, then it sounds like you're doing everything absolutely spot on. They obviously know how to behave well outside the house, which is a reflection of how you've bought them up - they just save the worst for the home, because that's where they feel the most secure! (Note to self - repeat this advice to myself next time I feel like giving mine back!)
You're doing fine - really. Hugs to you...

sandyballs Thu 27-Jan-05 10:21:32

Congratulations Bubble - when I'm having a good day I'll tell you how great it is having twins!

Blackduck Thu 27-Jan-05 10:21:40

ditto...ds had a wonderful day at nursery - they all say how lovely he is etc. and we get this whingy little git at home....

munnzieb Thu 27-Jan-05 10:22:54

on the plus side, at least they're only like that with you, and you know you could leave them with nans etc.. and there will be no upsets.

twiglett Thu 27-Jan-05 10:23:48

if you can fit them back in your uterus then maybe

if you can't then I'm afraid you're stuck with them till they're adults

hippi Thu 27-Jan-05 10:24:42

No nothing wrong ............. they know you, are comfortable with you, and can be themselves. I've often been round to my mums some mornings, to winge about dd .......my mum just looks at me as though i'm mad, 'No not our Gracie - she's such a good girl! I often threaten to take her back to the hospital and demand that they give me my real baby. Unfortuanately though there are two flaws, one she is very like me so therefore more than likely mine (also she never left my side at the hospital), two if she isn't actually mine they probably have given my real child away, as dd is now two and hospitals probably don't keep lost and found babies that long! Also we tell them to be good at nusery, or over nanny's or at friends. We don't sit them down of a morning and say now don't forget to be good for mummy today! joys of parenthood whatever their age!

Marina Thu 27-Jan-05 10:26:29

More proof that a child can be praised to the skies for his cuteness and cooperativeness at school and behave like the spawn of the devil at times at home...it's not just you, honest sandyballs. Very glad we don't have it in stereo yet (dd too small to say much but can hurl a beaker of milk with deadly accuracy)

sandyballs Thu 27-Jan-05 10:56:08

Thanks guys - it is reassuring to hear I'm not the only one. Hopefully it's "just a phase" - yet another one!

Just been reading some other threads and feel bad for posting this now. Others have some serious problems with their little ones and I'm moaning about whingeing and whining.

hippi Thu 27-Jan-05 11:00:18

Don't feel bad - we all need to winge about our 'littles angels' at times, even if we do know deep down how very lucky we are - and we know that they're not that bad really ........

Lonelymum Thu 27-Jan-05 11:22:28

Sandyballs, don't feel guilty for whingeing. They can drive you to distraction I know. That is what school is for BTW. Just when you can't bear being with them a moment longer, they start school and your relationship changes completely. Your twins must be coming up for school soon. The end is in sight!

Marina Thu 27-Jan-05 11:56:09

Whingeing is like death by 1000 cuts sandyballs. Don't feel guilty. It gets all of us down majorly at times....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now