Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

please please please, help me make him stop crying

(16 Posts)
Titania Wed 26-Jan-05 08:53:48

I've been up all night with ds2 (nealry 1 year) he went to bed about 9pm then woke up at 12.15 screaming and hasn't stopped since. I'm feeling really lousy with a bad bad cold and feverish. SIL had to take ds1 to school for me this morning cos I'm just not up to going out. Can't even walk in a straight line. DD is at home with me today. DS2 is desperatley clung to me now, just screaming the place down. It's not a high pitched ear piercing scream anymore (it was when he first woke up) He's been fed and had milk, not hot, had medised, clean bum, winded, tried his dummy etc. He just won't stop. What am I supposed to do? cos after nearly 9 hours of it its making my ears bleed and my head is thumping even more.....

Twiglett Wed 26-Jan-05 08:58:54

can sil take him out in the buggy for a long walk???

Twiglett Wed 26-Jan-05 08:59:32

he's probably feeling like you are (lousy) but can't express it .. and now he's all worked up and knackered and can't work out how to sleep ..poor wee mite .. and poor you

Titania Wed 26-Jan-05 08:59:37

shes gone to work now.

KatieinSpain Wed 26-Jan-05 09:06:37

I think I'd ring the doctor's, see if you can speak to her/him directly or the nurse. I'd be really worried if the crying had gone on so long. Make it clear you can't make it to the surgery and see if they'll come out to you, just to be on the safe side. Sod's law, as soon as they are due, he'll go to sleep.

janlostinbabyland Wed 26-Jan-05 09:06:53

Really feel for you. If you are sure he's not sick (my ds has been known to cry for no reason too) does he sleep in the car? Even though you are tired you need to get him to sleep otherwise you will go mad. My ds seems to get himself so wound up that he can't relax enough to sleep. Hate to admit this but when I was desparate I didn't use the car I put on the vacuum cleaner and he would immediately stop crying and fall asleep! Worth a try -

Titania Wed 26-Jan-05 09:15:21

if i could drive i would be in the car like a shot!

I have put him in bed now. Will give him 10 minutes and see if he goes off.

I need sleep too!!

princesspeahead Wed 26-Jan-05 09:18:25

titania, I bet he has an ear infection. you need to get him to the doctor and have him look in his ears. If it is an infection and you don't treat it, his eardrum may perforate. If it is, and he is put on anti biotics, the improvement will be dramatic in a very short space of time. good luck!

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 26-Jan-05 09:20:03

Agree, I'd go to the doctor at this point. If it's an ear or throat infection you won't be able to diagnose it and it may well need anti biotics.

Titania Wed 26-Jan-05 09:25:35

he's just gone off to sleep without too much trouble. phew. he must have been really tired, he never goes off that easy!! will see how he is when he wakes up. Will rings docs if he is still the same when he gets up. thanks ladies.

princesspeahead Wed 26-Jan-05 09:28:42

titania, children that age don't scream for 8 hours unless they are in pain. and if you are all coldy in the house, it is likely to be ears. Mine did this at 5 months - high pitched screaming ALL NIGHT - and it was his ears. I REALLY would get him checked out anyway - if the drum perforates it won't hurt any more but it still needs treatment....

Titania Wed 26-Jan-05 09:50:27

well that sleep didn't last long.......

Twiglett Wed 26-Jan-05 09:51:05

with the others ... call the doctor and get a home visit

hercules Wed 26-Jan-05 09:52:54

call the doctors "now".

Titania Wed 26-Jan-05 15:50:44

well he had another nap and seems much better for it. He has eaten his dinner fine and seems much happier. He is currently crawling around after his older brother!!! Lol. I think he was just overtired the poor love. will keep a close eye on him tonight though. thanks ladies.

lunavix Wed 26-Jan-05 15:52:43

Tweenies 'Songtime' works really well for a hysterical baby over here...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: