Talk

Advanced search

email group for moms

(12 Posts)
aragona Sun 09-Jan-05 16:57:55

Hi,
Would anyone be interested in joining an email group for moms?
There are 5 of us at the moment and we chat about all sorts of things,
our families, work, hobbies, TV etc.
It's great because you are always mailing the same people so you soon
get to make new friends. The group is free to use but you will need to register first with Yahoo. Everyone in the group is really friendly and you will be made to feel very welcome!!
Hope to chat with some of you soon,
btw this is a great site, I hope to be able to use it a lot more
Angie

lowcalCOD Sun 09-Jan-05 16:59:00

why would we want to do that when we haev mn?

Newbarnsleygirl Sun 09-Jan-05 17:05:48

Is this another weird advert?

karenanne Sun 09-Jan-05 17:28:33

theres a site i used to use before i found mumsnet thats going to close down in all probability.i havent been on theree for ages but had a quick glimpse the other day and they were all posting links for other sites and setting up their own groups it could be one of them mums.

spare a thought for them it used to be a really good community until it was bought out by some richbloke that promised the earth and didnt deliver.

aragona Sun 09-Jan-05 19:13:34

Weird group? Definitely not.
I wasn't suggesting that members leave here to join my group. I'm really sorry if I've offended any of you.
I just run a small group where moms can chat, there's nothing sinister in it, we would just like some more members to chat with!!
Perhaps I shouldn't have posted her, I didn't mean to upset anyone.
Angie

karenanne Sun 09-Jan-05 19:16:30

havent upset anyone ..its just if its classed as an ad your supposed to pay to post it thats all.

its a pretty tight knit group here and its guarded pretty closely.

moderatorlou33 Sun 09-Jan-05 19:21:29

Hi aragona, welcome to mumsnet.

I'm not entirely sure if you are advertising or recommending, but in case of adverts, there is a special section, for which a fee of £25 is payable.

Please don't feel miffed if we have the wrong end of the stick. I hope you continue to use and enjoy mn

tamum Sun 09-Jan-05 19:23:06

Surely if it's just a Yahoo group you don't need to pay to advertise, do you?

Newbarnsleygirl Sun 09-Jan-05 19:30:20

I did'nt mean that post to sound nasty it was just having read the thread on the photographer earlier I did'nt know if it was another one like that. Sorry.

aragona Mon 10-Jan-05 15:10:07

Hi everyone,
The group is a non profit making one with Yahoo. Don't worry about advertising it, there doesn't seem to be much interest anyway. I also understand where you're all coming from on this. It's hard to know sometimes where to post and where not to, some boards are fine wiht it and others not!
Again, sorry if I shouldn't have come here to mention it. Hope you all have a happy new year.
Angie x

lou33 Mon 10-Jan-05 15:16:54

you don't have to leave mumsnet though!

promise we will be kind to you

aragona Mon 10-Jan-05 17:54:50

Thank you Lou...not sure I'm brave enough to stay!! LOL
Only kidding of course, it would be nice to get to know you all. Like I said I love mail and my group gets a little quiet at times so I might just hang out here!
Bye for now,
Angie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now