Toddler wheezing

(6 Posts)
Dcrolo12345 Thu 14-Oct-21 09:36:16

Hi , my child is currently unwell with an ear infection and a virus with a horrendous cough and had nighttime temp of 38.5 , went to gp Monday prescribed amoxicillin for ear. He has been vomiting loads at nighttime every time he coughs since Sunday but hasn’t had a temp for two days now but today I have noticed he’s wheezing but no sucking in at the ribs etc. He’s still eating and drinking although throws it all up at night 😖 hes just very tired and grumpy. Do I need to worry about wheezing has anyone else experienced this ? Surely if he’s already on amoxicillin he could get a chest infection? Should I take him to gp again do you think?

OP’s posts: |
Dcrolo12345 Thu 14-Oct-21 09:39:15

*couldnt get

Threebillygoatsgruff Thu 14-Oct-21 09:42:09

If he is wheezing I would get him seen by gp or have a telephone consultation with them and let them decide if they need to see him.

Dcrolo12345 Thu 14-Oct-21 09:43:34

@Threebillygoatsgruff

Ok thank you , I just asked as I know I worry a lot when he’s ill and get anxiety an never know if I’m being to OTT.

Threebillygoatsgruff Thu 14-Oct-21 09:49:21

Tbf I worry a lot too as I am a FTM, so if I am in doubt I ask the professionalssmile. I am not going to risk my child's health just coz it may inconvenience my gp.

Threebillygoatsgruff Thu 14-Oct-21 09:51:05

It's a new symptom he's got since taking the new medication, so I would check with GP even if only a telephone consultation. They can then decide if they need to listen to his chest etc.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in