11 month old

(5 Posts)
Mio1994 Tue 04-May-21 13:17:55

Hello,

I feel like my content little boy has turned into a frustrated, angry, screaming brat all of a sudden. Nothing suits and he whines all the time at me! He has never slept through the night and still wakes once for a feed. I don't know how to stop that!
I do him a variety of finger foods for meals but he just eats the crisps or crackers and refuses anything else!
He won't hold his own spoon or use a drink cup himself. I just feel like I'm doing something wrong!

Any advice?

Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
Fitforforty Tue 04-May-21 14:31:03

Your doing nothing wrong. He is only 11 months old. All children are different, DD1 has her last night feed at 13 months, DD2 is 21 months and still feeds through the night. It normal for your child to need you over night but to the age of 7 years old. At 11 months DD1 would only feed herself with a spoon but fast forward a couple of years and she wants ‘big girl feeding’ ie me to spoon feed her like a baby.

In my experience they are very whingy until they can walk by themselves and they are less frustrated.

HenryHooverIII Tue 04-May-21 14:34:43

I found this age up until about 2 (3 with my youngest) to generally involve a lot of whinging about everything.

They know what they want, but cannot get it themselves and don't know how to articulate it so you do it correctly for them.

Undersnatch Tue 04-May-21 14:37:59

He’s possibly going through a developmental shift, like getting ready to walk etc. Lots of cuddles and patience will get you through...breaks if you can get them! flowers

Mio1994 Tue 04-May-21 16:05:06

Thanks guys! It's nice to know I'm not doing anything wrong! Just all gets so overwhelming sometimes.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in