Talk

Advanced search

1 year old crying all the time

(4 Posts)
LoveIsTheLight Tue 16-Feb-21 19:14:29

I am so tired. Exhausted completely from hearing my one year old cry/scream. She refuses to nap - sometimes refuses to the point that she goes all day without napping. My entire day is spent dealing with an overtired/overactive screaming/screeching toddler. I am so so so tired of this. I feel so much anger and resentment and helplessness. Sometimes I feel like I don’t want to love my baby anymore. I know this is wrong and I feel so ashamed. Has anyone felt the same way? Is there a way out of this? What can I do?

OP’s posts: |
Ohalrightthen Tue 16-Feb-21 19:17:30

This is the worst. Is she teething? Poorly? Frustrated because she isn't yet able to walk/talk?

LoveIsTheLight Tue 16-Feb-21 19:20:56

She is running around and babbling/talking. Yes she is teething. But tbh, it has always been impossible to get her to sleep.

OP’s posts: |
Ohalrightthen Tue 16-Feb-21 19:23:49

What happens if you don't bother trying? Will she sit and have a cuddle and watch TV or read a book instead? Does she sleep in the pram/car? Backpack, on a walk? It could well be that she's feeding off your frustration. Make sure she isn't in pain, and then just try and let go of some of the tension. If she doesn't want to sleep, don't push it. Let her relax with you instead. How old is she?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in