Talk

Advanced search

2 year health review

(12 Posts)
mondray Tue 19-Jan-21 17:10:11

Hi

My son is due his 2 year development review, but due to COVID this has been delayed and i am not sure when it might happen.

I am hoping someone that already has the form might be able to help with what sort of questions they ask in this? Would be good to be able to prepare and work on the things that he might need help with.

Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
Thatwentbadly Tue 19-Jan-21 18:12:39

Here

www.iow.nhs.uk/Downloads/Health%20Visiting_School%20Nursing/ASQ-3%2024%20Month.pdf

Lazypuppy Tue 19-Jan-21 18:13:42

Ours just got cancelled cause of COVID, and not rescheduled. They said just call if you have concerns

Thatwentbadly Tue 19-Jan-21 18:17:54

Your looking for you child to do the majority of things. It’s not a concerns if there are couple of things from each section that they can’t do.

triceratops12 Tue 19-Jan-21 18:21:42

Ours was done over the phone due to Covid. Took all of 5 minutes and was more of a 'do you need any help' call than on DC

Willow4987 Tue 19-Jan-21 18:25:30

We had ours via teams. We also didn’t get sent the questionnaire before hand. The HV just read each one out.

To be honest it felt similar to the one they have around 12months

TempsPerdu Tue 19-Jan-21 18:31:47

We never had one for DD - she turned 2 at the end of 2019 but where I am (London) they had already pretty much stopped doing them even prior to Covid due to lack of resources. I think if you were being seen by a health visitor or had specific concerns you could arrange one by phone, but there was nothing face to face - we just received a print out with some key milestones and ‘useful tips’ in the post when she was about 2.5. Luckily DD has been developing fine but I’m sure they must be missing an awful lot of issues.

DD is due her preschool booster vaccinations in a couple of months’ time and I imagine I’m going to have to be very proactive in making sure those are done too!

Thatwentbadly Tue 19-Jan-21 18:38:03

@TempsPerdu in our area vaccines are done at GPs by the practice nurse. I found they were very proactive in the summer over 1 yrs immunisations.

SquigglePigs Tue 19-Jan-21 21:12:25

We had ours last week. They posted a questionnaire to us, we filled it in and then reviewed it with them over the phone. Sounds like different areas are doing things quite differently.

mindutopia Tue 19-Jan-21 22:52:42

Ours was done in first lockdown by phone. It’s mostly just responding to a development questionnaire which they send you in advance anyway and then you discuss it when you see them (or in this case, over the phone). It tends to happen around 2 years 3-4 months around here so might be awhile yet.

mondray Tue 19-Jan-21 23:43:57

Thank you all for your help.
I really appreciate it.

As far as I'm aware my area still does face to face appointments, but they are cancelled until further notice.

I have looked through the questionnaire and it's nice to see that he is up to date on most sections.

The only problem we have that I know will be picked up on is communications.
He is good at taking directions and understands most things that we have got to say. But his speech isn't where it should be. He isn't able to put two-three words together, but is picking up new words daily.

Has anyone else had this and what has the outcome been from the development review?
Did they get referred or is this something that they do at a later stage?

Other than this he is a perfectly normal, active toddler. I don't see that there is anything behind it other than just a delay due to lack of exposure to other people/kids (due to COVID). But still can't help but worry.

OP’s posts: |
Thatwentbadly Wed 20-Jan-21 08:14:25

Generally they would say wait a bit and they will review. If it was me and there was more than a couple of boxes he is not ticking for communication then I would be pushing for a hearing test and a referral to SaLT because waiting times can be long and early intervention is always best. If it’s just one boxes then wait 6 months to see what is happening.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in