Talk

Advanced search

Broken trust?

(4 Posts)
MissMadEyeMoody Mon 11-Jan-21 19:14:43

DS4 was playing with his toys and mumbled something, sounded like he said "my willy is getting bigger like 'name'" so I asked him in a calm jokey voice what he said and he instantly went quiet as if he were in trouble.
Internally I was panicking so asked him again, but he kept refusing to speak and saying he couldn't remember. I offered him to go sit somewhere quiet to see if he could try remember what he said.
So he sat in the hall having a think but still wouldn't say anything, of course I'm now thinking at this point that he thinks he's in trouble/having time out so I tried explaining that he wasn't and that he could tell me anything he was worried about or that made him sad etc. Still couldn't tell me what he said
But now I'm worried that he won't trust me to tell me if something bad were to happen because he may think he'd be in trouble.

OP’s posts: |
Thatwentbadly Mon 11-Jan-21 20:20:49

Why did you ask him to sit in the hall? It sounds like he just didn’t want to tell you.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill and it will be fine. You just need to keep showing him that you are trust worthy.

LemonLemonLemon Tue 12-Jan-21 08:47:06

Who is the person he mentioned? Are you worried something has happened?

MissMadEyeMoody Tue 12-Jan-21 11:24:55

It wasn't a name I recognise, but I'm worried he may have been exposed to something, and now won't tell me because of the way I reacted

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in