Talk

Advanced search

6 week old sleeping layers

(8 Posts)
Phiphi123 Wed 09-Dec-20 16:34:45

My little boy is 6 weeks old and since bringing him home I’ve been worried about him overheating at night. He ordinarily wears a sleeveless vest and sleepsuit/long sleeve top and bottoms. At night our bedroom is anywhere between 16c on a cold night to 19c, at first I was just letting him sleep in his vest and sleepsuit blush but as he’s got a bit older and less scary and fragile seeming I’ve realised he’s probably a bit chilly and cover him with 2 cellular blankets (4 thin layers when opened out enough to tuck firmly under Moses mattress).

I’ve now got him a 2.5 tog sleeping bag so what should he have under it? I’m thinking vest and long sleeve babygrow with no legs?! Advice would be appreciated I’m starting to obsess over it!!

OP’s posts: |
Twizbe Wed 09-Dec-20 16:36:23

Both mine were winter babies.

They slept in a vest and long sleeved sleep suit with a winter weight sleeping bag.

Worked for both of them.

I removed the vest around April time.

edgeware Wed 09-Dec-20 16:37:19

Our bedroom is 18 degrees and my 6 week old is in a sleepsuit and 1 tog sleeping bag. Don’t want to add too many layers because he often ends up in bed with me. Look up the what to wear temp guides on the Grobag website smile

ellesbellesxxx Wed 09-Dec-20 16:44:17

This was so helpful

Phiphi123 Wed 09-Dec-20 16:44:43

Thank you! I think I will go with vest, baby grow and sleeping bag will probably work out the about the same amount of layers you’ve used smile there are so many do offering temperature charts out there all with slightly different advice...first time mum here so I’m never sure what to make of what I find on google

Phiphi123 Wed 09-Dec-20 16:45:09

I’ll go with this then smile thank you!

Phiphi123 Wed 09-Dec-20 16:46:04

This is great thanks! Will keep me busy calculating togs for the next half an hour smile

DressingGown87 Wed 09-Dec-20 16:54:53

I had my 8 week old in exactly the same as you, with 2 cellular blankets. But she kept kicking them off in the night and getting cold. Room temperature drops to about 16 at night too. I’ve got her in a short sleeved vest, sleep suit with built in mits which I fold over at night, and 2.5tog sleeping bag. I was constantly looking at the charts too, and the GP just told me to do that, she’s slept better since as she’s not busy kicking the blankets off.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in